I hate Pot Luck

by Nosferatu 26 Replies latest jw friends

• beksbks
    beksbks

OMG!!! Gopher, I forgot about that little gem. I had to say "fortunate". What the hell was that all about??????

• twistedsister
    twistedsister

I wasnt even allowed to say fortunate! The implication was the same.

Crazy talk!!

Leah

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I agree with those that voted for cocktail meatballs. I often used to bring those. I also (for BBQs and baby showers, etc) used to place a slice of pickle, a square of cheddar cheese, a black olive, a green olive and a square of monterey Jack cheese on a long plastic party toothpick or a wooden skewer. The usually went over pretty well.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Hubby's friends always want me to bring coleslaw to their bbq's. I have a recipe that is supposedly a clone of the stuff they serve at KFC, and the guys seem to dig it. Unfortunately for me, due to vegetarianism and other dietary restrictions, the coleslaw is usually rhe only thing I can eat at these shindigs, so I'm getting fair sick of it!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

When we have pot luck at work 2 or 3 times a year. I have my wife bring peanut butter rice crispy bars. They always all get eaten. I never suspected anybody of ever bringing lef overs.

Some people dont bring anything but most participate.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I'm glad I don't work with you

nj

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Hated pot lucks when I was working and it seemed like we were having them every other month. I would usually go round up one of the guys in the office 'cos they hated all the fuss and cooking stuff as well - and we would pool some cash and go out and buy some take out chicken wings or a salad or something. Then we'd bring it back and pop it in a microwave plate, add a serving spoon with it, pop some ranch dressing in a bowl for wings and there it was - contribution without cooking! Worked well for us! sammieswife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit