I hate Pot Luck

by Nosferatu 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

This Friday, we're having a Pot Luck at work before we all go on holidays for a week. I hate pot luck, especially when it's at work.

I gave my wife heck for throwing out that open package of crackers that was sitting on top of the Microwave for the last couple of months. I could have brought that along with some leftover baby food that could've been used for dip.

A co-worker of mine is planning on looking in the freezer in the lunch room to see what "goodies" he can find. I think there's some leftover lasagna that's been in there for the past ten months or so.

So what do you usually bring to Pot Luck thingies?

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

well I definitely won't take leftovers to a potluck. I usually make a mexican dip with chips or perhaps bread and spinach dip, or maybe a fruit or veggie tray. Or maybe even buns and chesse slices. Something simple and fast. I'm glad I don't work with you

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I always volunteer to bring napkins and paper plates!!!!

• BrentR
    BrentR

I make alot of sourdough bread and the culture is many years old so I get drafted for my sourdough rolls. I also put my daughter to work making fresh butter from cream for them. It's awsome tasting and fairly easy to make providing you have a good dependable culture. Very few people even know what fresh churned butter tastes like compared to those oxidized sticks the stores sell.

• Peppermint
  • Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I usually make Empanada's, small Paella, or Serrano ham and mellon

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

"compared to those oxidized sticks the stores sell."

You have butter in sticks? This tread is getting weirder by the minute.

• Gopher
    Gopher

JW's can't say pot luck. Maybe they can say "pot time and unforeseen circumstances".

What to bring? You can get a pre-made pasta salad or potato salad or cole slaw at the grocery store. I like to bring oreos and chips and salsa.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

"pot time and unforeseen circumstances" that always happens when you smoke the weed!

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle
    I like to bring oreos and chips and salsa.

Yeah but oreos and salsa is naaasty.

Here's a suggestion: A package of Lil' smokies and a bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce. Pour the sauce over over and nuke 'em in the breakroom. I never have leftovers at a potluck with that one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit