JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES RULES, RUINED JA RULE'S CHILDHOOD

by WTNightmare00 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

You know just because someone was a JW before and now is apostate or whatever does not automatically make them merit my respect.

I am all for successful ex jw's but cmon people..Who are we applauding here?

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

And that whole victimization spiel of how horrible a childhood i had..boo hoo is so overmarketed......

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Sucks about his childhood. Can't stand the guy's music, though...

• Gringa
    Gringa

I don't know him or his music - but I will say as a born in 3rd generation Witless with a fanatically mother - my childhood sucked. I was out in field service 2-3 times a week, went on every one of the home Bible studies my mother conducted - 3-4 a week, our own home Bible studies and of course, the tri-weekly meetings, not to mention her embarrassing me at the school on a regular basis, making me wear skirts passed my knee (when miniskirts were the style) and all the other crap. We didn't get gifts, EVER, I believe I was given 2 dolls in my entire life and THAT WAS IT. We didn't need worldly things, we were poor as church mice and yet money was always placed in the contribution box.

I was NEVER allowed association with worldly children and there were NO children my age in the congregation. Our hall was full of elderly people. I was isolated, humiliated, beaten, literally (spare the rod, spoil the child - children are to be seen and not heard) and amazingly enough, I am ok as an adult. Although, I do drink too much at times, I think I survived. WHY> I have no clue but I can't say the same for 2 of my brothers, one a drunken drug adict leaving on the streets SOMEWHERE and the other one dead - I judge no one - you don't know the hell they have been through, and surprisingly still, I am not bitter.I don't know why, but I am not.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I don't like Carl Malone; so pretty much anything he says is crap. He was dirty basketball player. . .

• Ayla
    Ayla

It's important to be able to separate a bad childhood from being a JW. The two are not necessarily one and the same to me. Some would have had a shitty childhood whether the parents had been JW, Baptist or Catholic or whatever.

As a JW childhood goes, I think I must have been on the luckier side.

Just b/c Ja Rule had a shitty childhood (JW or otherwise) doesn't mean I'd put a dime in his pocket. Rap hardly qualifies as "music" to me. I think they guy who called it Crap hit it on the head.

• VirginiaRed
    VirginiaRed

That's your opinion, and while I utterly despise heavy metal, I still have respect for the genre.

I'm baffled at some of the harsh judgemental comments......you would think we as shunned apostates would have a different outlook towards others.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

You do realize you are making a comment on a thread 2 years old...some people posting on this thread may no longer even be here.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Glad to see you here virginiared! Just curious How is it your 1st post is on a topic 2yrs old?

Since its bumped for those that care JA rule is not jehovah rules just simple Jeff atkins rules. Also DMX was raised by a JW influenced mother. He tells a story how he was hit by a car and they offered 10 grand in settlement and his mother refused it do to her JW beliefs.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

what is the scoop on Rodriguez?

Randy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit