JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES RULES, RUINED JA RULE'S CHILDHOOD

by WTNightmare00 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• babygirl75
    babygirl75
    It’s a lot of rules that are hard on children.

I agree with this statment. I don't think that my childhood was f'ed up. My parents did they best they could and always provided for me and my sisters & brother. We never went without and got gifts and things all year long. But just being a witness kid is hard, and you do feel isolated and different from all other kids.

Burgertime...It does make since that that is how he came up with his MC name. Don't know if it is true or has that meaning though???

Babygirl...

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Being disfellowshipped at 12 is harsh, no matter how you cut it.

I love his voice, and I especially like any duet he does with a female singer...

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

That goes to show that there is variability in how strict people were raised as witlesses. Those who had "weak" parents usually had more freedom, and hence they had a more normal childhood. Those include parents that allow children to go on class trips, have a lenient standard with music, and do not force the children to go out in field circus every damn chance they can and get baptized at age 6. Those people, while the witlesses did some damage, had it quite easy.

Imagine, however, a child who has to go out in field circus every chance they get. They have to get up at 5:30 in the morning on a school day, stay out until time for school, come back out at 3:00 PM, get the most spankings and beatings for trivial meeting-related infractions, and whose every move has to be perfect. Beyond that, they are going to get baptized at age 6 no matter what it takes. Medical (and sometimes physical) needs are put on hold awaiting that "new" order that keeps not coming. They are often told that there is no way they are going to do anything but pioneer when they grow up. Even after they are baptized at age 6, they have to pioneer every time there are five Saturdays and/or Sundays or they get vacation from school. Those children have really had it horrible.

Yes, absolutely! Add to that being told there are demons lurking around every corner. If you read a comic book, accept a birthday coffee mug, watch Casper....how do you think that affects a little child? I spent my childhood terrified that if I did anything wrong Jehovah would destroy me. I had nightmares about Armageddon. The example they always used at the KH of "tongues rotting out of their heads" and the literal meaning of that made me have stomach cramps.

The pictures in the Paradise book of the "wordly people" falling into a huge crack in the earth....screaming and being burned....while Jehovah's Witnesses look on cheerfully. As a 5 yo child, somehow I was very upset about that. I guess that's why Jesus said "be like little children," huh?

My point is, children should not have to be made to believe most of the world, including their grand-dad, uncles, aunts, cousins...are going to fall into that "pit" and have their tongues rot out. Children at age 4, 5, 6....should be playing with their friends, having birthday parties, thinking about their next doll, or a new game. Or watching Casper without being terrified demons are going to come for you.

I truly envy those who had sensible and decent JW parents. How different my life might have been if only.....

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Are you guys serious? He is one of the worst MC's of all time. This is the same guy who wanted people to write in to MTV cause there were to many homosexual positive shows on.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Yeah, I see that MTV thing is relatively recent, it's new to me. That's too bad.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

No offense Leolaia...and well I am a music snob, but I just never could figure out what his appeal was. His rap styling sucks and his pop sensibilities are sub par at best. I always felt he would have been relegated to Tiger Beat magazine had he been a white guy. He was like the DMX pretender who played that sissy rap card until it played out then tried to be hard, then got out rhymed by 50 cent and now is trying to do as much as he can to back in to good graces.

• TIMBOB
    TIMBOB

You wanna know what Carl Malone calls rap. Crap. Carl Malone calls rap crap.

No offense, but im gonna have to agree with burger on this and say that JaRule is a horrible artist. I would never buy any of his cds.

I agree that being DF'd at 12 is harsh.

But from reading your posts he talks about having such a horrible childhood. I just think of all the poor families who just cant celebrate those holidays, because they dont have the means. I mean, most of us went through what he went through. I can say it wasnt torture. It wasnt great, but I got through it. I think of a lot more difficult ways to spend a childhood.

Im not sayin I dont agree with him. just saying I dont think we need to put him on a pedistal.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Burger Time....For me, it's simple...it's his voice. That sexy, gruff, deep, gravelly voice. Not his rap style, not his lyrics, not his personality, it's mainly that voice. I don't listen or care about 90% of his rap. But those duets he has done (e.g. "Put it on Me", "I'm Real", "Always on Time") sound very, very wonderful. At least to me. His voice melts very well together with those of Ashanti or J. Lo.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Well...he didn't suck totally in Assault on Precinct 13.....

• BBOARD
    BBOARD

I just realized something ...

Both Ja Rule and Michelle Rodriguez were "rasied in the truth" as JW's.

In the music video Always on Time, towards the end Michelle helped Ja escape from the crowd when she tossed him a rope ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSdFvxDXREk&feature=related

Probably just a concidence but still fun to watch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit