Obsessed Ex-JWs----Are You One Of Them?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Are you consumed by your having been a Witness? Yes

Are you very angry all the time because of your JW past? More or less Angry

Have you ever thought about recieving professional therapy??

NO NO NO NO NO NO NEVER, YOU HEAR ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Mincan
    Mincan

I will receive therapy eventually, I know it will help.

I was an obsessed ex-jw. Now I'm an ex-ex-jw. I don't care to read about them, hear about them, think about them. We cannot regret the experiences that have made us who we are, that is futile and stupid. We can only regret the things we don't do, so GO DO SOME NON-JW STUFF AND ENJOY LIFE!

As far as I'm concerned, my life just is, just was, it wasn't horrible or whatever. I wasn't an African child soldier or a Muslim sex-slave. So what I was raised in a fundamentalist Christian religion/cult, it gives me fascinating perspective and it has done a lot of good for me. Admitting that is pretty awesome. Hell my relationship with my mother is even improving.

Hell I doubt I'll be around here much come New Years, the only things I care reading about are non-JW stuff.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Are you consumed by your having been a Witness?

Yes.

Are you very angry all the time because of your JW past?

Yes.

Have you ever thought about recieving professional therapy??

Yes.

I considered stopping there with one-word answers. Everyone who knows me
    knows that I wouldn't do that.

I post too much on JWD and spend too much time reading here. I wonder what
    new information is out every day.

I am very bitter at WTS for taking me when I was vulnerable and keeping my
    mind in a prison. I am bitter that they keep my wife and mother and others.

I am not really prepared for a therapist to tell me to get over it, and charge me
    $100 for each hour he does so. I don't say that it is not worth it. I just don't expect
    to be able to go to 4 sessions and be "cured" or "over it." It would take longer and
    it is not something I am ready to pay for. It would help immensely, but would be
    an expense. If I found the right group therapy for this particular problem, or could
    volunteer for free therapy, I would do so.

I have not found the study that is looking for former cult-members. I don't know of
    a former cult-member group session in my area. There are large universities near me,
    and I have gone to their websites and I have sent email to the dean of the departments
    that train psychologists. I have received no answers, but will find the right place
    sooner or later.

Otherwise, I am stable. I don't want to hurt myself or others. I don't want to attack
    the JW's that ring my bell or get involved in some action against the buildings or
    persons of WTS.

• Robert7
    Robert7

I am quite early in the fading process, meaning I just recently learned 'the truth'. I am so obsessed right now. I cannot stop thinking about it. All day, before I go to bed, etc. When the door rings or phone rings I worry it's the elders trying to hound me (so far they haven't bothered me). I just can't stop thinking about it. I guess it's part of the recovery process. I can't wait until it's a distant memory and I just live life as normal.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

No, No, and No.

There are more worthwhile things worthy of my devotion. Spending time being angry takes away from time I can be spending being happy.

• zamora251978
    zamora251978

my friends say i am i come on everyday. i dont' think so. i guess its cause we know what we have been thru. i have had therapy

lulu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit