Obsessed Ex-JWs----Are You One Of Them?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

When I was a JW, I used every opportunity to witness to anyone that would listen.

Now I use the opportunities provided by the internet, to try and reason with JWs to get them to see through the WTS lies and hypocrisy.

I have a perfume called Obsession.

hugs,

Annie

• oompa
    oompa

yes.....yes.......and I am-lots...............oompa

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, therapy is good!

• onacruse
    onacruse
    Yes, therapy is good!

Do you speak from personal experience?

• minimus
    minimus

no, Ona. I don't. But if it works, I'm all for it!

• onacruse
    onacruse
    But if it works, I'm all for it!

That's not what you asserted. You said "therapy is good."

What if it doesn't work?

• minimus
    minimus

In context, "therapy is good" if it works. I was getting the impression from the poster that they were in therapy and that's good if it works. I'm glad you caught that, Ona,. because if therapy doesn't work for someone, then it isn't good. Great find!

• onacruse
    onacruse

The reason I took exception to the generalization that "therapy is good" is that I have been to therapists, twice (both recommended by my primary care physician). Both times were utter and emotionally crushing failures, as it quickly became apparent that they were interested in just two things: 1) Give me a prescription, and 2) Hound me for their money (emphasis on #2).

While, as you observe, many people can be, and have been, and are being, helped by professional therapy, I would, as a result of my own experiences, advice that as much preparatory work as possible be done (which I obviously didn't do) to assure that the therapist a person chooses has a good "track record."

In that respect, JWD has been the best therapist I've ever experienced...now, where do I send the check? LOL

minimus, thank you for giving me a bit of space on this.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'm an ex JW and I'm obsessed, but not about the JWs. I'm obsessed with a house I just put an offer on and, I'm waiting impatiently for a response which is being delayed because of this stupid snowstorm.

W

• DJK
    DJK

Yes, yes and no. Why pay someone to tell me I'm obsessed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit