Two Elders Came To My Door

by silentlambs 45 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

I appreciate your advice and responses. While I can't go in to all the reasons for writing the letter I did, I thought carefully about how it was worded and did so purposefully. When two elders show up at your home unannounced in the middle of lunch hour fully dressed out with no bibles I have reason to believe they are not concerned about a shepherding call. As you may recall I played the elder game for close to twenty years and understand the dynamics at play. It was a simple act of aggression with an effort to produce or fabricate evidence to take congregational action. If they had enough evidence they would not have called at my home or could have simply called over the telephone to inform me of a meeting that would of course have been a formality for my DF.

If they choose to go in offense then it requires you to take offensive actions to throw them back to defensive posture. I want to make them mad so they will do something stupid and then make them pay for it. One of the elders who called was the one I mentioned in my letter that was abusive in what he said about the victims being offended. He has on multiple occasions used antagonistic speech in person and from the platform. I have ignored him each time and not responded yet you can be sure they are all documented. Every statement I made I can prove to a court of law, if they wish to continue to harass my family and I then we shall dance.

I think of an expression composed by Ben Franklin. It was, "don't tread on me."
    He came up with the expression in describing the rattlesnake and suggested it being the national symbol for the USA. He said the rattlesnake gives you fair warning, but if you persist it will then attack with deadly fury. It prefers to be left alone and will live in peace unless provoked. I like that analogy especially when I think of the way WT likes to tread on victims of molestation by use of WT policy. They have gotten away with it for years, yet that will change in the near future. Instead of the great concern WT manifests for the rights of an accused child molester they will learn the protection of the rights of the victim must be foremost in these matters. When I started this issue in the beginning I held respect for the WT and believed when they fully saw the extent of how children were being hurt they would move quickly to do right by the children. As matters have progressed their actions have made me lose all respect for WT leadership and view them as absolutely corrupt and wicked. Yes they are snakes that misrepresent the truth to hurt children and preserve a policy that they know destroys people's lives. Yes they are liars, especially when you consider this UN fiasco. I spoke to a brother yesterday who spoke with the service department on Thursday. When he asked a senior member of service about the UN situation the Brother calmly replied, "now you know we would never set foot in the UN much less ever have a library card from the wild beast. You do not need to listen to all those lies out there, you just need to stick close to Jehovah's organization."

How could the service department person not know about the UN matter and then offer such a lie. Liars indeed. It is a different world with the internet, information can be got out in a matter of minutes and sent around the world. WT can't tell a lie to one person and others not find out about it now. They can't take a victim of molestation and tell them they are alone and no one will listen or believe them anymore. What used to work is out the window and now WT is going to have to get honest and tell the truth or get nailed and exposed for the snakes they are.

Are you listening WT? "Don't tread on me."

• freeman
    freeman

SL,

All I can think to say is bravo sir bravo! To stand up to the villainous machine that is the Watch Tower is a very brave thing, and to stand by your principles is a noble thing, but to stand up for the defenseless as you do, this truly is a godly thing.

With all the respect I can muster,

freeman

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Bill,

As it's posted here I'm sure the legal department already has a copy of your letter, shucks, the local Elder's might already have it. God Bless and good luck.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Bill,
    Thanks for updating everyone.
    Keep us posted!

Ranchette

• edward gentry
    edward gentry

bill
    expect NO mercy and LESS understanding.
    They got my aunt for having a pair of mens felt slippers in her bathroom.
    Dont worry, it will all be over soon....but then..it never ends

• anewperson
    anewperson

As you know they could have disfellowshipped you for "speaking against the elders" already but did not fearing more publicity against them for doing so. Instead they harassed to wear you out and so you would quit on your own. You know your own circumstances best, so if you do officially quit them then by all means use your new found full-scale freedom to even greater effect!

For example why couldn't you and some other friends have a car calvacade to drive with some signs on these issues in your windows up Interstate 55 to St Louis and back to Paducah? Include pointed messages and your toll free number. Maybe as you passed by other cars some of you could honk a little to rivet even more attention on the matter.

The more they bully the more light you and we need to shine on them.
    Long live Jehovah, down with the Watchtower Misleadership.

A "Free Christian"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit