Greetings from the unchosen frozen

by RisingEagle 15 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I was in the two ice storms that hit Arkanas in 2000.

Not fun to be without electricity, stuck at home, so that you cannot even go somewhere where there is HEAT!

I feel for the people in Oklahoma. Hopefully they will get power soon.

I remember blowing black soot out of my nose for days during that time, but did not spill any candle wax!

purps

• changeling
    changeling

I thought this thread was going to be about never used, frozen embryos! LOL

changeling

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

when we had that huge ice storm in arkansas a few years back............ we had a propane back up heater so we were alright........... and the stove was gas so well fed.......... but no light after dark and NO HOT WATER........ so showers were out of the question. i had worked in the parks for a while and people had this perticular habit of buying 40 dollar lanterns from walmart or wherever........... and hanging them up in the park............. and leaveing them when they went home............. so i had accumulated 3 or 4 of them.

so one night after prolly 4 or 5 days........... we get a knock on our door.......................... the electric company.... they said the house to one side of us didnt have power........... and the house to the other side of us didnt have power................ were we on some other line they didnt know about............. cause the entire front room was lit up like a christmas tree with those three lanterns lol.

oops sorry guys.......... please fix our stuff................... thanks

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

(((((((((((((RisingEagle))))))))))))))

Here's a big warm hug, hope you thaw out soon!

• horrible life
    horrible life

Eagle, 3 more hours, til the white stuff puts a coating on your ice storm. Hope you and your wife and daughter, stay safe and warm. Get ready to build a snowman tomorrow!!! Do you have carrot? Be prepared. When my daughter was little, I had charcoal and carrot ready, anytime it was predicted snow.

When we had our ice storm, I woke up at 3:00am, to no husband in bed, and small explosions, with weird bright lights. I went downstairs, yelling for my husband. I saw the front door was unlocked.

I opened it, I could not see the house across the street. Everything was white. Like the thickest fog, you have ever seen. Transformers were popping all around the neighborhood, Thus the sounds and lights.

So very quiet, but loud at the same time. Every sound was sharp and clear. Ice was falling, but you could not hear it. The trees would crack. Silence, more cracking. Silence, Transformer would blow, LOUD and blinding light from 5 blocks away! Silence. Crack then Boom, a huge branch of a tree would break somewhere in the neighborhood.

I lowered my voice and called out for my husband. He finally answered. I could not see him at all. He was standing under a huge tree, diagonally across the street. It was groaning. ( The tree, not my husband. ) I told him to get away from it, are you stupid??? (trying not to wake the neighbors) Sure enough, the next morning, half the tree branches were in the street.

Still, after 6 years, you don't see many Christmas type trees, even the 30 foot ones, that have tops to them. They all were so heavy with ice, and fell off, never to grow back.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

thats one way to LIGHT UP THE TREE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit