What Was Your Standing In The Congregation?

by minimus 55 Replies latest jw friends

• BrentR
    BrentR

Just below whale feces since I did a horrible job at ass kising and sucking up.

• Nowman
    Nowman

I was a good little JW girl on the outside, I was an elders and pioneer's daughter. I was a regular pioneer. I wanted to marry a strong brother, get married at 18, work part time, etc. This is what I wanted when I was in the mood to be a good JW girl.

I was a typical young JW living a double life. The only time I got in trouble with the elders was when I left when I was 18, and I never chose to talk to them. I did not feel there was any point in meeting with them because I wasn't going to repent. Wanted out of the JWs and really needed to leave my parents.

Nikki

• Reverend Warhawk
    Reverend Warhawk

I was the man with "potential". I'm a pretty good reader and gave really good talks in the MS (taught by my dad, who was a monster at public talk stuff). But since I was always kinda lukewarm, they viewed me with a certain sense of "dissappointment"..

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, I was admired for my answers and my skill at talking to people at the door, the interesting talks I gave. But I was too "perfect" and I didn't kiss the elders' ring enough. I knew my Bible and used it to counteract the personal opinions of the elders, respectfully of course. I helped other jws learn how to "reason" with the elders and use the Bible and the publications to protect themselves. By the time I was an elders' wife I had no illusions about the "loving" elders; made up of the abusers and the cowards who let them abuse the "flock."

Blondie

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

I was always a maverick. I didn't realize it then but that's probably my salvation. Of course, I internalized that there was something wrong with me. But I really BELIEVED it. Rarely invited to others homes.

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, I wish I knew you and Irrev when we were JWs.

• yknot
    yknot

Growing up I committed the most heinous of JW faux pas:

I had the audacity to be born female and actually use my brain.

Needless to say I was the child the WT warned parents about!

Yet I was more "faithful" then majority of the children in my KH. LOL

I am still "outcasted" a bit but now I am the unofficial hearer of JW doubts.

Y

• greendawn
    greendawn

With the JWs it's good as long as you obey and give them some of your time and support but if you criticise the ideology of the so called FDS, their leadership made up of ten or twenty ignorant self seeking clowns, then you get marginalised "he has been accusing the FDS" is a powerful signal for isolating someone.

The pathetic chorus reply is "only the god appointed FDS can decide what is right and wrong in jehovah's organisation even if it is wrong we must wait until they get instructions to put it right".

• changeling
    changeling

Active, loved, respected, popular, till the day I left.

changeling

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Still is : weakening the brothers' faith

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit