What Was Your Standing In The Congregation?

by minimus 55 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Were you "loved"? Well respected? Considered a "loser"?

What???

• Quentin
    Quentin

Rank and file...there were those that thought well of me and several that didn't...before my fall from grace I was being groomed for an ms position...in the jw world your being "loved" or not can change on a daily basis...

• rache31
    rache31

My family was loved and respected, I was misunderstood. Meaning I never wanted anyone to get that close to me because I knew they were phoney. I pioneered and commented and blah, blah, blah. But my true feelings I only expressed to worldly and/or df'd relatives. I was before the elders several times for reported wrongdoing. Can you believe it? So I knew for a long time that I didn't agree with all the teachings. Guilt and fear had a hold on me for awhile.

• kls*
    kls*

Rebel, TroubleMaker and ya i suppose A loser cause i wouldn't conform to their BS

Edited to add..... I was a real pain in the ass as i am today

• R.F.
    R.F.

I was loved and respected.......by certain ones.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

"bad association" I never conformed to the rules

nj

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

minimus - you are getting desperate. We have had this thread on at least 2 other occasions. You really are losing originality

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Standing outside, its a conscience matter!

• rache31
    rache31

I know some said you asked this before but I wasn't here then. Thanks for asking, it gets us new ones interacting with everyone...

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I was considered bad association because of my evil pre-JW existence, rebellious because of my bushy moustache, unspiritual because my watchtower wasn't always underlined, and gluttenous because I was overweight. I didn't "have my wife in submission", not because she was unsubmissive to me, but rather because she didn't unquestioningly obey every other male in the congregation. I was reliable, and always covered the asses of the ministerial servants when they didn't feel like running a mic or working on the sound, but I was never good enough to be a MS. I was told I had a "bad attitude" when I told the elders I didn't want to be (ab)used any more. I had a "bad attitude" when I told elders to either back up their counsel from the bible or shut up.

To be called a "loser" by a JW is actually a compliment, but the JWs are too stupid to realize that.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit