Our CO says..."women in the workplace...a Satanic plot!"

by sir82 44 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

Our CO came galloping into town this week. In his Tuesday talk, these were his comments (not word for word, but more or less):

"I imagine one of the biggest problems in your territory is not-at-homes. It's not just here, it's all over. You go out all week, and never find anyone at home.

"The world is in such sad shape, that if people only got the chance to listen to us, they'd be joining us. So Satan, rather than try to resist this, came up with a different plan. Keep people out of the homes, so they can't hear our message.

"It used to be that the sisters would go out in the ministry on weekdays, find women at home, and start studies with them. Not anymore. Satan has seen to it that women have entered the workplace, so they don't get a chance to hear our message."

So there you have it, ladies. If you want to get out from under such Satanic influence, you'd best quit your jobs right now and go back home and wait for the JWs to call on you!

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Wow.......now I think I've heard it all! What a f**king dinosaur this guy is! I mean really, he needs to get back into the Dark Ages from which he came! What a pious pig he is! I just can't fathom in this day and age hearing a man talk like that.

So there you've heard it everyone - women are ONLY to be at home, slaving away cleaning, cooking, scrubbing, and waiting for their husbands to come home like June Cleaver. Oh yeah, don't forget to plop out your 2.5 kids too!

Is there any wonder with comments like these that so many are leaving, or just don't join at all? It's like they think women are inferior and incapable of being intelligent and productive in the real world.

Regards,

Wing Commander

• dinah
    dinah

OMG, that is unbelievable! Why not just admit that door-to-door isn't the most effective way to reach people? I'll bet the whole congregation was nodding in agreement. Basically this tells us that a pioneer who goes out everyday is just wasting time! It amazes me how they blame everything on Satan. They give him too much power, imho.

• carla
    carla

That CO must have been in my area awhile back. My jw said something along those lines too. Everything is an evil satanic plot isn't it? Couldn't be that they just want to make their house payment and buy groceries.

• zamora251978
    zamora251978

That's what the elders told me especially since I had to have two jobs to make ends meet. I was a single parent!!!! They never offered me any funds for my children. Crazy people.!!!

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

He really is a dinosaur. If he knew what he was talking about he would know that "Stay at home" moms are never home. We get the groceries, drycleaning, kids to and from school, play groups, doctors appointments and maybe a little coffee with the girls before the kids are out from school. What a prick!!!

Bobbi (who is enjoying her rare morning of quiet only because she is ignoring the dishes in the sink.)

• rache31
    rache31

It is ashame you think back to all of the crazy things people told us. And you are so right, Dinah, everything is blamed on Satan. My husband has laughed so many times when I've told him what I heard people blame on Satan. From tire blowouts to misplaced pocketbooks...

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Idiot.

• Saoirse
    Saoirse
    Keep people out of the homes, so they can't hear our message.

If the message is SOOO important for everyone to hear why don't they go on the radio or get a TV show? Not that I want JWs polluting the airwaves but it's just asinine to realize that you have a problem and instead of finding a solution for the problem you just keep doing the same old thing and blame Satan for your poor results. Dinah's right, they give Satan WAY too much credit.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

I always knew I liked Satan for a reason, at least he's an equal opportunity employer. God, yesh, stay at home women so the JW's can convert you and you JW women, shouldn't you be in service brainwashing people instead of working? You materialistic heathens, you!

Gag reflex in full action now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit