Our CO says..."women in the workplace...a Satanic plot!"

by sir82 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

When the elders came over for a visit, they said that homework was a plot of satan to take parents away from spiritual activity. My wife had to pinch me. I promised I would not get DF.

In our area, second graders have at LEAST an hour of HW every night. I wanted to say sooooooooo much, but I withheld my rage. The Mormons have the right idea. Go to college, educate yourself and live well

• avengers
    avengers

You go out all week, and never find anyone at home.

Guess they're going to the wrong homes. In the area where I live there are almost always people at home.
    But you never see the Dubbs here. They haven't been in this area for at least 3 years.
    So that excuse about it being Satan's fault? Nope.
    The Witlesses are just being led by dumbos.
    Go to the right places and you'll find people home.
    But no, go to places where nobody is home then you don't have to preach, just yap and yao with your field-service partner and count hours.

LOL.

Andy

ps. Watch out or I will sick my demonic kitty on you.

• steve2
    steve2

Poor women. Even when they stayed at home, they couldn't get it right. Look at Eve.

• Trevanian
    Trevanian

So are women the official target market of JWs?

But surely if men are "the head of the household" (quite an archaic concept anyway, but it is the JW understanding) then the strategy should be to convert men first and foremost?

The reasoning should be - if the "head of the household" agrees to change his family's life by accepting a new religion, it is less likely to break up the family than if a stay-at-home wife is converted while her hiusband is out providing for the family.

This would logically lead to a more assertive/aggressive attempt to recruit men. Or even better, families as complete units. But what I've always seen is an attempt to witness to women (by women) and cast the husband as the "opposer" at the first opportunity.

Completely messed up.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The Wactower society is a crazy backwords cult. They would have to change everything to go on tv.

For one, the tv evangalist are all beggars. So the Tower will have to start begging.

Then the tv evangalist have most of their parrishoners at home in front of the boob tube.

How can they disfelloship and controll you if you dont go to the hall and just get your relgion from the boob tube?

They want you in the kingdumb hall not in front of your tv set.

I think they will stay the course. As long as witnoids have babys there will be new recruits. A percentage will be sheep.

Thats what I think tonight.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit