Taking Someone To the Kingdom Hall?

by maxwell 12 Replies latest jw friends

• maxwell
    maxwell

I just had a funny thought and I thought I would share it with you guys and see if someone else hasn't ever done such a thing.

I am disfellowshipped. For some reason, I thought about taking one of my friends to the Kingdom Hall. This friend was raised Hindu in another country. He goes to Hindu temple, but also goes to meditate elsewhere and occasionally visits a liberal unitarian christian church. So he's kind of all over the place and spiritually diverse. I think he takes his meditation most seriously. He does the Hindu thing just because he was raised that way or maybe his mom wants him to do it. He told me he just likes the people at the unitarian church. He took me to the church once, so I guess that's why this thought crossed my mind. Not that I'm trying to convert him to JW, of course. He's too smart to ever go for it anyway. It would just be for fun to show him the crazy place I used to go.

It would probably be a Kingdom Hall I have never been to and likely no one there would know me. I was just thinking hypothetically about what would happen. I'm sure soon after we entered the door, we'd be approached to find if we were potentials for lovebombing/conversion. I can't see myself trying to hide my status, but neither would I volunteer it, but I imagine they would ask how we heard about them, and I'd tell them straight away, 'I used to be a JW some years ago, and I just wanted to show my friend the place I used to go'. That's where I think it might get interesting. Of course, they know they are not supposed to talk to me. But my friend would be a potential convert, but would they be wondering how much poison the disfellowshipped person has fed him. Or would they think I was a misguided disfellowshipped person who's still trying to bring in new converts when I'm supposed to be keeping my mouth shut.

So has anyone ever done such a thing, that is, taken someone who has never had any significant contact with the Jehovah's Witnesses to a meeting at a Kingdom Hall after you were disfellowshipped or disassociated, just for amusement, just to show them the crazy place you used to go?

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Would rather go to a bar and drink the night away

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

The only question I have, is if you knew of a restaurant that always gave you food poisoning, would you invite a friend there for dinner?

• carla
    carla

For amusement? I'd rather shovel manure. I guess that would be pretty close to going to a kh anyway.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

it's more like taking your friend to a freak show. A friend of mine went to my mother's funeral, and she was amazed at JW-speak. Very interesting.

• Armageddon Dad
    Armageddon Dad

Meditate! in a place like that. You can't even go for a dump in peace with all the speakers in the toilets.

• Armageddon Dad
    Armageddon Dad

Would he settle for these recordings instead?

http://www.rekless.demon.co.uk/pages/kingdom/audio.html

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Speaking of, after my wife and I got married we went to a JW Funeral (in a funeral home??), her first taste of the JW crap, the speaker didn't really talk about the dead person, just went on and on about what they believe and know that Jemima does this and that and all about, what we believe and you know the whole sales pitch for all the non jws in the seats. Then when he finally gets around he says "we live our lives and then this happens" as he proceeds to point to the coffin. That was the only reference he made about the dead guy in the box, my wife turns to me and says how sad they are only preaching and saying nothing about the dead persons life.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    It would probably be a Kingdom Hall I have never been to and likely no one there would know me.

Frankly, I think it would be an excellent opportunity to bring him to one where the JWs KNOW you AND your status, so that he could get a REAL honest view of what the WTS does to anyone that leaves their cult. It would certainly give a more realistic insight into how their minds work and what they are really like.

Ih he isn't "interested" in becoming a JW, there would be no harm done, and would put them on their best behavior (?) when they would be very ambivalent about expressing them, one way or the other!

hugs,

Annie

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Maxwell, you have too much time on your hands.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit