Feb 2008 Watchtower Lists 2007 Publisher Count-Big Increase?????

by Justitia Themis 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

6,957,852 2007 publishers page 16

6,491,775 2006 average publishers

• Gopher
    Gopher
    6,957,852 2008 average publishers page 16

6,491,775 2007 average publishers

We're not to the year 2008 yet. Did you mean "2008"?

If these numbers are true (ahem), then that's a year-to-year increase of 463,000 publishers, which is about 7%. If so, that's a lot larger increase than we'd been seeing in previous years.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

No Gopher. It is 2007 versus 2006 figures. I obtained 2006's figures from JW Facts website.

Sorry.

• badboy
    badboy

I THOUGHT WHEN I SAW 2008 THAT THE WT WAS UP TO ITS PREDICTIONS TRICKS AGAIN.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Is the 2007 figure peak or average publishers.

If the growth has been that high I am very surprised they have removed the publisher stats from the Watchtower. You would think they'd want to spend the Watchtower Study going over their great success.

I find it hard to believe that there has been so much growth if it is average pubs. There has been consistent rates over many years, so such a spike in growth could only occur if they have changed the way they count or there is an error of some sort.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Is the 2007 figure peak or average publishers

Unknown. It just says "publishers."

• Gopher
    Gopher

Their website http://www.jw-media.org/people/statistics.htm says that the August 2006 "practicing members" number was 6,741,444, which they said was a 1.6% increase over 2005.

So if you compare the new (2007) figure of 6,957,852 with that August 2006 count, that would be a 1.03% increase. (Sounds realistic to me.)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Such whopping growth. And we all have learned that AUGUST numbers have a larger
    peak because the secretary gets all the missing reports for the entire service year and
    has the publisher make up at least one hour for those months, then turns it in in
    August. (So Sister Sally turns in one hour for October, March, and April because the hounder
    says he doesn't want her to be irregular, "You must have at least informally witnessed each
    month." That raises the peak by 3 more publishers for August. Do that worldwide, and you
    have some serious numbers.)

Here's my wild speculation. They will never reach 8 million. NEVER. There aren't enough
    children staying in, and developing nations will tire soon.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    So if you compare the new (2007) figure of 6,957,852 with that August 2006 count, that would be a 1.03% increase

Yes, it does sound like the 6.9 million must be the peak, not average, figure.

• sspo
    sspo

That's 460k new publishers. Very hard to beleive, never seen such a huge increase.

I wonder if they are playing with the numbers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit