Why all the changes?????

by seek2find 23 Replies latest jw friends

• seek2find
    seek2find

In my life time as a witness, there have been many changes and there are still more to come. Like the "Generation" change in the Feb study edition of the WT. My question is this. If this is the truth, why all the changes?. In the 1970s we had the Truth book and the 6 month study program, then in the 80s we had the Live Forever book, followed by a study in the "United in Worship" and the 6 Month thing was dropped. Then we had the Knowledge book, and the 6 month thing was kinda re-instuited, and now we have the "Bible teach" book. So in my short life we have had 4 different changes in teaching aids, but we still have the same Bible. My thoughts are that real truth doesn't change. If something changed it must have not been true to start with. seek2find

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Hi seek2find,

Wow, you just said exactly what I asked myself 5 years ago. When someone claims to speak on behalf of God, and then changes that very same doctrine ... it cannot have been true to begin with.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

This is the JW pattern for a long, long time.

Some 40 years ago when I was a teenager, an older Pioneer told me that an old anointed brother had told him that you "should throw away all literature older than 10 years," as it will contain things the Witnesses no longer believe.

The WTS claims that Jehovah accepted the Bible Students as his people in 1918 or so.

Yet any JW today, who taught what was taught by this organization in 1918, would be disfellowshipped for apostasy today!! Go figure...

S4

• minimus
    minimus

I guess it's not "The Truth".

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

NECESSITY IS THE MOTHER OF CHANGE. Necessity as 2014 comes close, as more partake of the emblems, etc etc forces change new light on the WTS

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

All those changes show lack of spiritual guidance from God and lots of human imagination. Let's see the equation:

Bible + Human doctrines - Holy Spirit = Religion.

• greendawn
    greendawn

That is the crux of the matter, the truth does not change therefore they don't have the truth since they keep changing so many parts of it, of what they claim is the truth.

That God can not or is not willing to give them the truth once and for all so that they won't have to go for ever round and round in circles is something like a bad joke. Very obviously God has not appointed them to any religious capacity let alone an elite one and he is not guiding them in anything, they are simply decadent, way out, imposters pretending to be something they are not in order to ensnare their victims.

• Maddie
    Maddie

The WT just invent their own "truths" when the old ones have run out of time. False Prophets is what they are!

Maddie

• Honesty
    Honesty

Don't you get it?

Newspapers have to come up with NEW information every day in order to stay in business.

The same is true of a book publishing company.

They have to come up with New information every month to stay in biznis.

It's called NEW

• sspo
    sspo

It began with a bad foundation in 1879 and now as years go by they are only trying to patch up a collapsing house with all their changes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit