Showdown with the CO!

by erynw 41 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Not to burst any bubbles, but there are a few important things to consider.

Once this JW talks with the CO he will key her in on the possiblity that you are a dreaded apostate . He may be able to use simple fear inspiring techniques to whip her back into the flock (i.e. threats of disfelloshipping, reproof, ect.). It would be his job to put a stop to these sorts of things. Sometimes all a JW has to see is a person of authority not be scared or threatened by these sorts of things in order to feel that there is no problem. It's rather cheap and shallow, but sometimes the JW who is worried about their religion just wants to see some kind of conformation that everything is ok. A simple 'that guy doesn't know what they are talking about' may be all it takes.

It all depends upon where the person is.

And don't forget the fact that you are hiding the fact that you have been associated with the JWs. If she finds out about this while she is in the 'grey zone' she may feel quite betrayed and run back to the WTS. If you're going to draw her out without discussing your past it must remained sealed untill she can handle it.

I wish you the best.

• eclipse
    eclipse

I hope eryn doesn't mind, but since I know the details of her ''study'' with this JW woman, I can clear up some assumptions...

The JW thinks of Eryn as a worldly person. Eryn is very very careful with her language and does not use any ''JW speak''.

She also tells 'her JW' that some of her info comes from ''another witness'' that she knows, but that they are no longer a witness,

and so she uses it as a conversation starter...i.e.

-eryn will state, ''my jehovahs witness friend sent me this info, what do you make of it?...'' so this JW knows that some of the info is coming from an ex-jw but so far it has simply been previous watchtower publications quotes, and nothing ''apostate''.

There is nothing that this JW is bringing to the CO that is any way, shape, or form, ''apostate''.

Also, she is not scared of the elders, and has already challenged 3 of them, telling eryn that she had gotten 3 totally different answers to her question. This bothered her a great deal.

She seems very open-minded and not naive like most JW's. From what eryn tells me, she (the JW) is expecting the CO to be co-operative, but if he isn't, she will not back down to him.

She seems to be very direct and not afraid to tell the elders exactly what she thinks of them.

Just letting you all know, since Eryn is not here to respond...(hope that's ok, eryn!)

• erynw
    erynw

It is absolutely OK eclipse

Also, the lady I am "studying" with has already begun to form her own doubts about the sexual abuse issue. We have talked in depth about it. She is quite disturbed by the video on the JW site (the didn't know about long term effects of child abuse 18 to 20 years ago video). That video, and only that video, not my comments about the video, raised her hackles.

I asked her (it's in my first post about this, see page 1 of this thread for a link to the other thread) what if the elders don't want to call the society for answers, and she said, "Then I'll call them myself."

The only thing I have done is bring the information to her attention, information that is posted on the JW web site, printed in the WT & Awake magazines, news reports, and the WT official statement. I used logic to draw her down a path to reason. If bells were going to go off in her head, the only thing I have done is help her find the pull string to set those bells off. After she saw the video on the JW website, she researched, on her own, past WT & Awake magazines and came to the conclusion herself, that the WT Society indeed knew of the long term effects of sexual abuse because she was looking at the magazines they printed that many years ago and more. SHE DID THIS HERSELF. And she was very upset and confused about why the society posted that video.

She also said that the JW web site has other videos that contradict this video. She is seeing the duplicitous nature of the WT Society for herself. I have not once spoken negatively to her about the society. What I do is ask her questions that she can not answer with a canned WT answer.

I don't understand the negativity about this. Let me have this moment of happiness for her and for myself.

• 4mylove
    4mylove

WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!

This post just made my day. It gave me so many ideas!!!

eryn you are the best!!!

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

That was great. Please keep us updated on this.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

No more negative precautions from me!

blue (glass-half-full-class)

• Priest73
    Priest73

Good job e. So you're "reverse studying" with the dubs. I love it!

• erynw
    erynw

YAY! Thank you guys.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

You are a genious Eryn. You are beautiful. You are so damned funny that I am jealous.

This is amazing and I am happy for you, this would give me a hell of a rush.

Please, please keep us posted on your progress.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Well done, faithful slave!

I think the CO reaction may have more of an affect on her than the info that Eryn provided.

The ground work laid by Eryn will provide a sharp contrast to whatever response this JW gets from her CO. If he is bombastic and dogmatic (you know the CO type) - so much the better, because that will not fly with this woman. And no matter how nice and smarmy he might be (you know the CO type) the fact is, he will not be able to answer her questions satisfactorily, because - there IS NO SATISFACTORY ANSWER!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit