"They (WT) took me out of context", Gail Bethea-Jackson video

by Fatfreek 155 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

In addition to saving the transcript, someone with skill needs to download the video of Gail Bethea-Jackson. This is really damning stuff in light of Gail's bold response in writing.

Marvin Shilmer

• Watkins
    Watkins

Great work, Len!(You don't look fat! lol) I think we assume that someone before us has already been there and done that - but look, it's been 10 years(!) and she'd forgotten all about it. Your letter was just what she needed, as a person of integrity, to begin setting matters straight. What the WT did by misrepresenting her every word - is it libelous? Fraudulent? I only hope it's prosecute-able - probably the best way for this to get media coverage and the public's attention. This reminds me of the infamous "should you believe in the trinity?" debacle. It's been many years since I read the site exposing the deception involved in editing that little gem, but the WT absolutely should've been sued by those misrepresented in it! What an eye-opener - I'll see if I can find that site again to post here too.

Americans are wanting to know more about 'fringe' religions, what with Mitt Romney's disappointing(some say) explanation of his Mormon religion. On 'The View' the other day, the panelist who used to be a Witness(can't rem. her name!) said that if a JW was running for president, people would surely want to know the impact of their religion on their politics - "like, 'Are you gonna be out knockin' on doors every Saturday, or are you gonna be running our government?'" [paraphrased] The audience laughed and applauded and I thought goood! Get the WT out there too and let's have an indepth examination and get everything out in the open, shall we? Lol. Seriously, it's way over-due isn't it? I'm glad to see the flack still generated by their organisation-assisted suicide doctrine. This is the information age - the truth really is 'out there'. We need to keep building this mountain of evidence and every bit helps expose them for what they are, first and foremost - LIARS. They've been flying under the radar for soooo long... somehow... They've obviously been helped by their father.

I wonder how they'll try to twist this into 'theocratic warfare', as if such a thing actually exists. A lie is a lie! They drag Rahab into it at every opportunity - but I think the real lesson is that, certianly to lie is wrong, but because of the circumsatnces God forgave her and she was credited with the act of saving lives. There's a big difference with what the WT does, which is just lying to save their public-deceiving pristinereputation... or saving their lifestyle in their own fantasy JW 'paradise'.

Another 'Kudos', Len, and Thanks!

watkins

• whereami
    whereami

I think this is HUGE!!!! We need to contact NBC & Barbara and inform them about this! The media should report the total dishonesty of the WTS. Come on people lets not stop here. Lets keep the pedophille subject fresh in peoples mind. The WTS thought they can just quickly and quietly brush this under the rug. I say no!!!!

• MissingLink
    MissingLink
    someone with skill needs to download the video of Gail Bethea-Jackson

I got skills! Numchuck skills, computer hacking skills, etc. Take a look at the 6th post on page 2. I posted a link to donwload the page, transcript AND video!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can
    change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.

- Margaret Mead, anthropologist.

Special thanks to Baba Yaga for this inspiring quotation, and to you Len, a meliorist, for your fruit-bearing, investigative work.

CoCo

• dust
    dust

Now what we need, is a statement from Gail Bethea-Jackson on her own site. Showing JW's a statement that we read on JWD is not a good idea... :-/

• chasson
    chasson

Great Work, i will translate it into french as soon as possible !!!

• Gringa
    Gringa

Thank you, Len for exposing this lie.

Not that I am shocked by the response. Sadly, I knew from the moment I read about her video, there was a rat in the woodpile.

The lenghts they are going through to cover their asses with their cult members is stupifying. What is more stupid is that people believe it.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Great job Len! Lilly

• steve2
    steve2

From Gail Bethea-Jackson's comments, she is understandably concerned that her professional reputation is at stake. I hope she follows through on this, using all the legal assistance she can, and is able to set the record straight.

The one aspect that continues to baffle me is this:

Surely the Watchtower Society's own legal advisors read the media release before it was approved. Did it not occur to them that, if the media release quoted an "expert" who appeared to support their failure to act on disclosed child sexual abuse, readers would check out the credentials of the "expert" and the wider context of the quote? Dah!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit