"They (WT) took me out of context", Gail Bethea-Jackson video

by Fatfreek 155 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

bttt

Scrounging through old posts and thought this one deserved a bump to the top of the Active Topics List.

This incident clearly reveals that the WTS has little regard for valid, documented education & qualifications and zero integrity in reporting. To say nothing of the appalling lack of concern for children affected by Pedophilic assaults.

Too bad the original video is no longer on their site to reference. In or out of context, the video as defense of the Child Abuse settlements is unbelievable.

Does anyone know if the video is hosted somewhere else? And does the society's official website still downplay the prevalance of pedophelia?? I cannot link at work to verify.

-Aude.

• LDH
    LDH

What never sat right with me is, WHY was this video made ten years ago?

What was the WBTS trying to 'head off' ? I don't understand. It's like me making a video absolving me of blame for a crime I am about to be charged with.

• VM44
    VM44

Why can't The Watchtower take statements by people, either on video or in print, in their proper context?

Why do they often try to make the person say something different than what they said?

Dishonesty?

• Violia
    Violia

Did anyone download and save the video? All the links I follow are dead.

• blondie
    blondie

Check about 1/2 the way through this video:

http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=c5fcc81d839c448b62bb

• cantleave
    cantleave

Thanks for bumping this Violia and for posting the link blondie.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

You can download the video and the archived official WT page containing it here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/b8dof5

• Balsam
    Balsam

OUTSTANDING, THANK YOU for the info

• Calebs Airplane
  • FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

I'm happy that this thread was re-activated. Not many present day JW lurkers realize that Watchtower actually had a web page taken down because of its downright dishonesty. Yes, only 5 years ago. It was so egregious that there was a contest going here to see who could most accurately predict how long Watchtower would take to disable the page that contained the video. I think it only took a day or two before the GB took action.

The first page of this thread gives the entire scope of this scandal -- except, of course, the link to Watchtower's dishonest video. It was taken down, remember?

Many thanks to more recent posters (on this page) who have diligently searched for, and found, currently active video links.

Len Miller

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit