2008 Feb 15 - Study Edition PDF

by AlphaOmega 68 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Fresia,

The WTS enjoys boasting that "ONLY THEY" have the truth and ONLY THEY....ARE the truth. It becomes more difficult to believe this when you see how often over the years, they have CHANGED the truth! Either they TEACH the truth---or they do not.

Whatever they are teaching (this week or this month) should be available for us to look over and to see what our JW loved ones and relatives are "studying" and gulping down as Gospel truth. If it IS truth....why the resistance iin allowing US to review it? If it is "lifesaving information" meant for ALL.....precisely what is your problem with this?

Oh...and thank you AO for this "provision".

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Have you a link to the Jan 15th edition?

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Jan 15 http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/144617/1.ashx

Jan 1 http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/146012/1.ashx

Fokyc has just posted the Feb 1 Public WT... it should be in his posting history.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

absolutely brilliant - thanks for your hardwork - I do have hard copy (picked them up at KH last night) but electronic copies are very useful

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is going to make some interesting fodder for Comments You Will Not Hear. I have read the Kool-Aid on prayer, and I already see the non sequitur that just because Jehovah answered select scriptural prayers, you need to trust Him to answer yours as well. That is crap.

Those cited prayers that were answered all have one common denominator. I have learned to look for such, and in this case all the answered prayers were for doing Jehovah's will! That was about the easiest common denominator to find. Whether to help Isaac find a wife that was a servant of God, to help rebuild Jerusalem's walls, or to help missionaries in Asia Minor get their missions complete, the articles being prayed for all had to do with getting God's own will done. Were He to not answer or to delay answering, He would have only been shooting Himself in the foot, since Satan would have been victorious. In all these cases, Jehovah ONLY answered the prayers for selfish and nefarious reasons!

This does nothing to bolster one's confidence in prayers for personal needs. None of the examples in that Puketower are for one's personal needs. There is no mention today of sexual needs being fulfilled (back then, it was to fulfill the commandment to build the nation of Israel and form the Messianic line, which is not the case today). Nothing about people having enough to eat, a place to stay that meets their needs, or even a reason to keep on living instead of just having a robot constructed to do the work the person was supposed to have been doing!

I look forward to seeing the whole series critiqued in Comments You Will Not Hear at the Watchtower Studies. Be prepared with the puke bucket, since most computer keyboards are not puke proof.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx AlphaOmega, that link worked much better for me.

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

THE PURPOSE OF THIS MAGAZINE, The Watchtower, is to honor Jehovah God, the Supreme Ruler of the universe. Just as watchtowers in ancient times enabled a person to observe developments from afar, so this magazine shows us the significance of world events in the light of Bible prophecies. It comforts people with the good news that God's Kingdom, which is a real government in heaven, will soon bring an end to all wickedness and transform the earth into a paradise. It promotes faith in Jesus Christ, who died so that we might gain everlasting life and who is now ruling as King of God's Kingdom. This magazine has been published by Jehovah's Witnesses continuously since 1879 and is nonpolitical. It adheres to the Bible as its authority.

I could not help but breakdown the 'purpose' paragragh a little.

• The magazine honors 'Jehovah God', a name for God selected only a few centuries ago by a Catholic I believe. A name not based on the Bible at all, with no support for this pronunciation.
    • Like ancient watchtowers in what way? When gaurds perched there in ancient times saw real events and real matters for attention they announced them. This magazine has announced false dates, invisible presence of Christ, revising it's 'view of the future' almost daily, especially when it is getting embarrassing [note the 1914 generation changes].
    • The end has been coming since they started the magazine. Of course it has been coming for billions of others for as long or longer. None of them have ever been right.
    • The magazine promotes faith in an organization, not in Christ. The Jesus they paint is a mere angel, Michael, who died to redeem 144,000, not all of mankind, and to accept into a real relationship only that small group. The Watchtower Jesus is soon to march into battle with a desire to kill 6 or 7 billion people so that his 'tract sellers' can own the earth.
    • Why does a 'nonpolitical' organization join forces with the UN, hide it's association with it for nearly 10 years, lie about the reasons for it to any who ask, and disfellowship anyone who asks such questions?
    • IT adheres to the GB as it's authority. Such GB can overrule even clear scriptural understanding on matters that affect it's membership and families. It has taken authority away from Christians who wish to submit to it, based on what it says, instead of what the Watchtower says it says.

Jeff

• trudy
    trudy

Friends, I enjoy reading your comments.

I found this scripture in Micah 3:5-6 which fits the description of
    the Watchtower leaders as well other denominational princes.
    (Darby translation)

"Thus says Jehovah concerning the prophets that
    cause my people to err, that bite with their teeth, and cry, Peace!
    but whoso puts not into their mouths- they prepare war against him:
    therefore you shall have night without a vision; and it shall be dark
    unto you, without divination; and the sun shall go down upon the prophets,
    and the day shall be black over them."

compare:
    Ephesians 5:11
    "do not have fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather
    also reprove [them],

I cannot go back into the teachings of the Watchtower. They accuse members of
    the body of Christ of apostasy.

1 John 2:11
    But he that hates his brother is in the darkness, and walks in the darkness,
    and knows not where he goes, because the darkness has blinded his eyes."

• trudy
    trudy

Revelation 18:7
    So much as she has ~glorified herself~ and lived luxuriously, so much torment and
    grief give to her. Because she says in her heart, I sit a queen, and I am not a widow;
    and I shall in no wise see grief: for this reason in one day shall her plagues come,
    death and grief and famine,
    ( famine for the word, and death for the lack of it )

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

One should always wait upon Christ to be glorified.
    It is apparent the Watchtower leaders have anointed themselves. There is no proof
    of their anointing.
    Where is their power?

Christ didn't even glorify himself! (John 8:54)( Heb 5:5 )

Yet the religious leaders of the Watchtower as well other religious organizations
    have already claimed to be glorified and claimed to be the anointed of GOD. They say
    "we are the Sons of God" and you ( the other sheep ) are not God's children. God is not
    your Father, they tell us.
    Again, they are not waiting for Christ to say, "Come up here to this seat."

They have put themselves into the highest seat before he arrives, already ruling
    without Christ. These are the Kings of the Earth. But God's people are of heaven,
    that is, of God, who are of the elected, who still await Christ's decision. Our
    hope is that he will say, "come up here".

• trudy
    trudy

This is the PURPOSE OF THE WATCHTOWER found in the 1963 issues. I hadn't realized it was changed.
    ( the last three paragraphs)

Thus viewed, "The Watchtower" stands as a watchman atop a tower. Alert to what is going on, awake to
    note signs of danger, faithful to point out the way of escape. It announces Jehovah's kingdom
    established by Christ's enthronement in heaven, feeds his kingdom joint-heirs with spiritual food.

~says nothing about feeding the so called 'other sheep'. LOL!

cheers men of good will with glorious prospects of eternal life in a paradise earth, comforts us
    with the resurrection of promise for the dead. It is dogmatic, but has a confident ring in it's voice,
    because it is based on God's Word, It does not privately interpret prophecy, but calls attention
    to physical facts, sets them alongside prophecy, and you see for yourself now will the two match, how
    accurately Jehovah interprets his own prophecy. ( then how come they have so many errors if God is
    doing it for them?)
    In the interests of our salvation, it keeps sharp and faithful focus on Bible truth, and views
    religious news generally.
    Be watchful in these perilous times, "God admonishes. So keep on the watch by regularly reading '
    The Watchtower."

Why didn't they recommend regularly reading God's WORD?

we know why.

An elder told me, "The Bible was not written for you, and you are not to privately interpret
    the scriptures"..........MAN was I hot!

For I know the Bible is written for 'the man of God', that is anyone who seeks God.

See 2 Tim 3:16.
    "Every scripture [is] divinely inspired, and profitable for teaching, for conviction,
    for correction, for instruction in righteousness; that the man of God may be complete,
    fully fitted to every good work."

This isn't for me???????????? How dare they teach such things?

This is one of the reasons I know the Watchtower is the synagogue of Satan. It has a
    name that it is alive, but it is not. *see book of Rev.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit