2008 Feb 15 - Study Edition PDF

by AlphaOmega 68 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I thought the generation was a good interpretation, they really got out of that OK, what do you think?

What interpretation did you think was best? The one that Rutherford taught, the one that Freddy Franz taught,the reinterpretation by the GB in 95 or "the new light"of 2008

I just consider it a blessing and privilege to be ASSociated with such a progressive organization...

• fresia
    fresia
    I thought the generation was a good interpretation, they really got out of that OK, what do you think?

What interpretation did you think was best? The one that Rutherford taught, the one that Freddy Franz taught,the reinterpretation by the GB in 95 or "the new light"of 2008

I just consider it a blessing and privilege to be ASSociated with such a progressive organization...

I was having a lend that's all. I thought it was a good excuse, many will cop this, that's all I meant, I don't personally believe it.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Fresia, what do you think of my last comments to you in this thread (about how individuals become part of the JW system) and about the message of the WT is incidental ?

I am interested to know.

• fresia
    fresia

As I said, I DO know you from other forums... but I've learnt the hard way about cross-posting from different forums, so I won't do it this time (remember the chaos last time?).

...and YES, I know that you are distancing yourself from the organisation in order to stay faithful to God.

...and YES, I know that you do not represent the Watchtower, but you are one of many who has a toe in and a toe out of the organisation. You may have the best of both worlds, but that is not what is on offer at the doorstep.

What IS on offer is total commitment to the organisation - otherwise people are seen as "spiritually weak" etc.

Okay, I guess this is what it boils down to :

Does God/Jehovah/Yahweh/Creator actually want us to be loyal to HIM or to an ORGANISATION claiming to represent him. You can't do both... (You can't have two masters according to Jesus).

You know all those little things that don't make sense about the Watchtower ?

Well, they all start to fall into place when you stop thinking of the Watchtower as a religion and start thinking of it as a business. Businesses seek to grow and protect themselves.

The preaching message of this business is incidental - it has just become an advertising slogan - it is no longer the driving force from the top. It may well be with the Publishers on the ground, but the directive from the top is "survive".

Which makes me think of something... what do you call someone who works for a Publishing Company ? A publisher.

When did Jesus ever say that ? Don't you see how they have slipped things like this in and it all becomes somehow "normal" ?

Well I would have to agree with you......but with all of what you say....I can see that this organization does use its resources and volunteer's to preach God's Kingdom.

Also I may add that there teaching about the truth of who Jehovah and his Son is the Kingdom is paramount to me.

I honestly believe that JW have the truth, regardless of the imperfect org, which by the way publishes teachings from God's word and helps Gods' people.

• fresia
    fresia

I hope that it hasn't become an advertising logo WTBTS I don't think it has. It is too small.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

I'm afraid that it does seem like a slogan on their part.

What you say makes sense, but it still sounds like "Watchtower-speak" to me.

Also I may add that there teaching about the truth of who Jehovah and his Son is the Kingdom is paramount to me.

I honestly believe that JW have the truth, regardless of the imperfect org, which by the way publishes teachings from God's word and helps Gods' people.

Surely you must be able to see the "stock phrases" in that. "teaching about 'the truth' of..." and "have the truth".

What do you define their "truth" to be - surely it can't be that they are inspired by God and that he is using them and working through them (either solely or in union with other groups) - their track record shows otherwise.

Jesus didn't just help "God's people" - he helped everyone. (scraps under the table etc) - so already they are falling short and only helping their own.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

I think that the following quote says it fairly well, even if it is a little harsh. It concerns group mentality...

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K in "Men In Black"

or even...

"A person is smart. People are stupid"

Pick any JW and you will be able to have a decent conversation with them... as soon as the group mentality kicks in, the conversation goes out the window.

"I Believe..." is great.

However, the following is not great.

"WE have the truth."...
    "How do you know ?"
    "Because WE are told that by US".

See ?

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

AlphaOmega:

Many thanks AO for providing this! And, any others that may have contributed!

N.

• somebody
    somebody

Thanks AlphaOmega!!! Will you be doing this to every Watchtower? Please?

........Pretty please with a cherry on top?

peace,

gwen

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I feel it would be quite interesting to see both the public and private magazines and then be able to discern if they both say the same things. We already know how the WTS has used its own form of doubletalk----just look at the "subtle but meaningful" differences between the 1972 baptism vows and the ones used since 1985. THIS would give people an idea of how "just a few words" can be changed to alter the way things are understood. (Or actually MISunderstood)

We have to pay MORE THAN THE USUAL ATTENTION" to anything the WTS prints....and this weird ploy of having two different magazines for two sets of people....makes us sit up and PAY this attention.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit