WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF PAYPAL?

by badboy 30 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

Do you think it is good or bad?

• Liberty
    Liberty

I think it is an easy quick way to pay for things on line. I have gotten products from the mail in as little as two days because of PayPal. It is especially great for sellers who aren't big enough to accept credit cards.

Since I am a gun-loving American however, I hate their no gun/gun related policy. It is stupid to the extreme where even wooden or plastic gun stocks or plastic bullet magazines (clips) with no firing parts on them are excluded. I guess they are afraid of being sued... but over a gun stock or other harmless pieces of wood or plastic???

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

They are a service - I don't find any morality attached to them (good/bad). They work effectively for most cases, I've rarely heard of problems using them, if ever. But I'm only an occasional user.

Your mileage may vary.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I use it alot, on ebay, for buying and selling. I really like it.

momz

• TD
    TD

I've used it for years. Never a problem.

Two things I would advise though.

1. For large transactions, only deal with people you know.

2. Use it only for transfers. Do not keep a balance online with Paypal itself

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Good for small business/personal.

it's owned by ebay.

other side of the coin: http://www.aboutpaypal.org/paypal_hides_behind_their_policies_and_protects_frauders

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Exactly right TD. I keep only the balance I will need to pay for shipping an item. All else I transfer out.

momz

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I like PayPal. I bought something expensive off of E-bay. It was not advertised as promised (wrong model & more "used" than I thought). Anyway, I complained & got the return & my money credited back to my account within 30 days. I sent back the bad tool to the seller. No problems from anyone.

• Superfine Apostate
    Superfine Apostate

they suck big time. they are expensive, want ridiculous identification and suspend accounts at random. i prefer moneybookers anytime.

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

Pay pal works good

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit