I was part of a strange little group...now more so...littler and stranger

by oompa 19 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

As I reread your original post, I'm LMAO, oompa.

You want a small group of marginalized individuals that have defected from or been expelled from a small apocalyptic cult with delusions of grandeur to be more...what?

Mainstream?

LMFAO!

• changeling
    changeling

Mainstream sounds boring and republican to me.

changeling

• oompa
    oompa
    nvr:

As I reread your original post, I'm LMAO, oompa.

You want a small group of marginalized individuals that have defected from or been expelled from a small apocalyptic cult with delusions of grandeur to be more...what?

Mainstream?

LMFAO!

I must admit you have a good point!!!

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Nah, JWD's too big now. I'm gonna join up with OBVES.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Well, crazy is a matter of perspective. It's all in who you talk to. If some people think you/we are weird, then you just have to talk to different people!

Anyway, I don't think we are any stranger than most. Really rather harmless. If I might make a suggestion to you oompa, try not to identify so strongly with a group. JWDer's is not who we are. JW's are not really who we were. There is a core self that transcends labels. Groups may come and groups may go, but who we are inside does not really change. Who we truly are encompasses it all. (God, I'm starting to sound a bit like James Thomas. Where is he by the way? I miss him!)

Sorry you had a bad weekend, Oompa!

Cog

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Nobody is even going to ask about how you can laid at most congregations?

It must be that this is an awefully strange little group. I am at work right now,
    but what are you all doing up on Sunday night posting on some insignificant
    little discussion forum about some insignificant religion?

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    I could get laid in most halls I visited, plus there was communinty.

Do tell; the girl-dubs around here act like nuns.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Somehow, I think the Witlesses are going to be even less mainstream now than they have been. The pedophile report last month on NBC is going to make them look like crap in society, and some of them are going to bail out. And, when they saw the study on oral sex, I wonder how many of them flagged the material inappropriate for children. Hopefully a good number of them are going to end up here.

As a group, there are many thousands on this forum. The largest congregations are about 200 strong and shrinking. If you doubt that this forum is growing, just check the statistics. Just check the number of members with a 2007 date. I have seen quite a few that were newbies within this year, only to be Jedi Masters and Emperor Class members now. There are many that have had their first post since 11/21/2007, and there will be many more that are borderline in joining now that will soon take the plunge. I challenge anyone to find a congregation, circuit, or district that is growing as fast, percentagewise, as this forum is.

Once the Kool-Aid Puketowers start rolling out and the studies from those issues begin, they are going to be the ones that look strange. We, on the other hand, are part of a group that either was part of that strange group or has family members that are still in there or were there, or have studied to become part of that strange group but decided to research before going there. Most of them chose to come here instead of going there, once they realized they had the choice. And it's only going to get more so. My hope is that those in the Tower are going to start feeling littler and stranger, and end up coming here.

• flipper
    flipper

Hey Oompa, I'll be your strange buddy too. I mean come on, I'm a dolphin posting on your strange thread at 3:00 in the morning having just gotten in from cleaning up the ( ocean) , er, I mean my offices. So I am tired strange right now. Sorry ya didn't have a good weekend. Give me a call and perhaps we can talk about it. I will leave you to bed or waking up with a dedication song by the Doors, " People Are Strange ",

People are strange when you're a stranger , faces look ugly when you're alone

Women seem wicked, when you're unwanted , the streets are uneven when you're down.

When you're strange , faces come out of the rain ( especially right now on the east coast and midwest )

When you're strange , no one remembers your name, when you're strange , when you're strange, when you're strange

Alright now .

Anyway, as you can see, we all have strangeness to us, all we can do is laugh and chuckle about it, makes our days

go a bit easier . At least it helps me deal anyway. Peace out, buddy,Mr. Flipper another strange friend !

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Hmm, well I for one find I am more well adjusted than most people I know that never grew up as JWs, lol. So, I think its all in how you choose to deal with the past Oompa. First step in doing that is, putting it where it belongs, the past. Not easy and yes, its a process, but once you do, you'll find that things do get easier, you become more comfortable with who you are and where you have been.

Our pasts dont' define us, they just tell us where we have been and how we have grown. Our present is who we are. The alternative to feeling what you are feeling now, is to be back in denial, living a lie. Change is never easy and change on this level can be as painful as childbirth, aka, ALOT. But like childbirth, once you get past it and the pain lessens, you can either remember it as a wonderful experience or say, son of &*$%^ that was hell and live there, reminiscing over it for eternity. It's all a choice my dear Oompa. I am so sorry you have a rough weekend, I know you are going thru alot right now.

The light does get brighter, as a famously quoted scripture says, freedom brings you light, but just like the first glimpse of the sun on an extremely bright summer day, you are going to squint first and feel some pain, before you adjust. (((Hugs)))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit