JW e-mail going around (gag warning)

by alamb 21 Replies latest jw friends

• brinjen
    brinjen

I wish I'd read that gag warning...

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

Is it any wonder many JWs get psychological problems to some degree?

The brothers showed no love. They didn't seem to care.
    The elders were unyielding, demanding and unfair.
    Meetings were dull and boring. Field service was a chore.
    There was little "Pioneer Spirit," while going from door to door.
    It didn't get any better, as I had hoped it would.
    I felt the day was coming, when I would leave Jehovah's house for good.

The above is what's actually happening. This is what the person is seeing and feeling. Then:

[lots of nice stuff happens] No, the changes that were made are not as they might seem,
    For all the changes that were made, were changes made in ME.
    Now I do love the whole brotherhood -- there's no other in the world to find.
    But instead of being critical, I try to be loving, forgiving, and kind.

How long can a person keep this up without cracking? Same old s**t as above is actually still happening, but you put all that into a locked away compartment of your brain and decide to overlook it all, and be loving and giving to everyone (while probably not getting much in return)? Recipe for disaster, if you ask me.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

What kind of drugs is this person on?

• Mary
    Mary
    What kind of drugs is this person on?

Why-----a great multitude of drugs! Only the best for Jehovah's people!! Awake-20.gif picture by sam3217

• freedomfighter
    freedomfighter

Oh Mary, i like your style!

I found pills were the only way i could cope with the meetings and witnessing to people who didn't want to be annoyed on the weekends.

ARHHHHH yes. Vallium is very useful for covering up and dampening your true feelings.

A VERY large number of witnesses here in Australia are on various medications for Anxiety and Depression. The elders get up on the stage and say it is because of " This System of Things". I personally think it is because you never feel good enough, you always feel guilty and you have people telling you how to think, feel and act. The pressure is coming mostly from the "inside".

That poem is a classic example of how anything negative in the org. MUST be your fault. Very healthy thinking...........NOT!!

FF

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

that email loosened up something inside of me, going to the restroom now, thanks for that Hopefully Jehovah will provied the toilet paper!!!

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Kinda strange, I found a great hall, great people. I have found that there are great people in every hall. It's those crazy old men in the Watchtower of Babel that killed it for me.

Thank you Jehovah!!! I have seen the light Hallelujah Praise the Lord!

momz

• AK - Jeff
  • alamb
    alamb

My mother once said (and I have it on tape):

"Why don't you come back to the truth? I'll make you an appointment and we'll get you some pills. I'm on Paxil, 10mg. a day. It works for me. No one can be in the truth nowadays without some help. The system is too bad and the end is near."

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

damn coffee everywhere now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit