Your Cong = Which Songs or Band were "Demonic?" Did you toss albums?

by Witness 007 81 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Undercover said:

Control, control, control.

We all remember particular albums and artists that were "banned" but in reality it wasn't that limited. It was much more broad. It is anything popular at the time. It doesn't matter what style, beat, lyrics...it's the fact that enjoying it and listening to it could cause us to enjoy other "worldy" entertainment or more.

The thing that gets to me now is that I not only had to listen to the WTS yakking about this stuff, but in the early 80"s I had a superfine pioneer teen daughter in the house, that made sure she opened HER mouth and offered unsolicited opinions and ANYTHING I did, played or listened to for years.

I was a huge C&W fan and MANY of the lyrics on Loretta Lynn, Conway Twitty and Tanya Tucker's songs were more than questionable....but I never felt the urge to run out and commit fornication after playing my albums! I got so tired of her picking about everything, but with four other children in the house---I couldn't very well tell her to stuff it because what she was saying WAS "from the platform" and I couldn't enforce OTHER things they said and discount THAT (in front of them). I had to make it "look good" but it killed me inside to toss out so many albums that I really ENJOYED. Among many others, I still remember tossing the "Brick House" by the Commodores and everything by MJ after he was held up as "not a model JW" any more.

We had just had yet another talk on the evils of soap operas one time, and my daughter was supposed to be gone out in service for the day....so I put one favorite program on to see what I had missed since that "talk"---and didn't she come in (WITH her pioneer partner) to use the bathroom....and there was the program on full blast in the living room with me in the kitchen! The LOOK on her face would not have been any worse if she had caught me in the bedroom with some mystery man! She told me later on that she was SOOO disappointed with me....that she had gone back to the car and CRIED! (See what mindset I was up against?)

Every now and again I think about all those albums I threw away and wonder whatever was WRONG with me back then!

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

Your think that it was BS??. Go ahead and get an old LP of "stairway to heaven" or a tape and play it backwards where it says "IF THERE"S A BUSSLE IN YOUR HEDGEROW DON"T BE ALARMED NOW, IT"S JUST A SPRING CLEAN FOR THE MAY QUEEN"

You will hear " My sweet Satan... I live for the church of Satan."

It is a well known sdrawkcab subliminal message

• bennyk
    bennyk

Based on the fact that half the time one can barely understand what they're singing forwards [sic!], it seems unlikely one would understand anything at all when it is sung or spoken backwards. And in any event, if a faithful Witness heard something that objectionable (even subconsciously), wouldn't that neccessarily result in an unwillingness to continue listening to the song?

-- bennyk (of the "yeah, my little sister tossed my Led Zeppelin albums" class)

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

- "Your think that it was BS??. Go ahead and get an old LP of "stairway to heaven" or a tape and play it backwards where it says "IF THERE"S A BUSSLE IN YOUR HEDGEROW DON"T BE ALARMED NOW, IT"S JUST A SPRING CLEAN FOR THE MAY QUEEN"

You will hear " My sweet Satan... I live for the church of Satan.""
    ====================================

I did my own project on backward messages around ten years ago. Computers didn't exist, so I had to record the songs on one reel to reel deck, and play them back on another.

Stairway To Heaven and Another One Bites The Dust were tried and tested. There are no intentional backwards messages in them. You're just hearing what you want to hear.

Now, go get yourself a copy of ELO's Secret Messages and play that backwards. While you're at it, play Weird Al Yankovic's "Nature Trail To Hell" or for a real backwards satanic message, play Venom's "In League With Satan" in reverse. Those have REAL backwards messages in them.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

cultswater

Whats the weather like on your planet mate?

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

If I had a LED ZEP record I'd prove it to you all. I heard it myself.

• ssrriotsquad
    ssrriotsquad

I loved Rythmn and Blues. There were alot of us young ones that like it too, even an elderly elder's wife. She could quote them of by heart too, especially to really old stuff. There was one brother that was also really into it like myself and but he especially liked the "heavier stuff". When we use to have busy bees at our KH, he'll have the car stereo going full blast while we worked outside, or even inside the hall (especially when no elder's were around he’ll play the raunchier stuff). One time during a working bee an elder came up and said for us to turn it off. The brother turned around and said "What's wrong with John Lee Hooker?" The elder said "This is not the time and place for it. Turn it off." The brother replied "What about if I put on Beethoven or Tchaikovsky for you?" "Anything other than that rubbish!" replied the elder. So the brother puts on another tape which was classical of some sort (I don't know who) which blasted out something that of a marching tune. "You like this?" "That's much better" The brother just turned to him and said "You are a hypocrite. You like listening to a orchestra piece that’s playing out a battle between the Russians and the French. And you are complaining our music not being appropriate?" He then returns to the car and changes back the tape to JLH. He was a wiz when it came to things like that.

• mahler
    mahler

This is the stuff the elders told me to get rid of: Beethoven's complete Vocal Works Gregorian chanting Tahitian Drumming! The Offspring Nirvana They generally frowned down on World Music and singing in other languages

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Hey, I don't give a fxxx what satanic message a song has. I play it anyways. I even went and downloaded a dozen songs intentionally that were blatant Devil worship songs, and I play them. Thus, having the lyrics "My Sweet Satan" and "I live for the church of Satan" buried in a song (or even in the open) is not going to cause me to throw it away now.

In fact, I might need such Devil worship music to go along with my Ouija board in case the witlesses ever stop to see how I am doing or to mess up the washroom.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Yes I tossed, thinking I was doing the mature spiritual thing.

But I re-bought them all on Cd's.

hope4others

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit