Your Cong = Which Songs or Band were "Demonic?" Did you toss albums?

by Witness 007 81 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• footstepfollower
    footstepfollower

I remember having all my music gone through and listened to once.... Gawd.

The most embarassing moment was at a witness youth party and the Beastie boys was playing the guys father came down right at the moment the

"if it's going to be that kind of party I am going to stick my dick in the mashed potato's"

line came on. We all got a stern talking to.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

- "I remember a couple more - no-one was allowed Frank Sinatras "My Way" because it was independent thinking. "

Man, I forgot about that one. "You're supposed to do it Jehovah's Way!"

Did anybody else take a black permanent marker and blot out the "Parental Advisory" labels put on the album covers? I did that a lot and still have one CD like that.

• zamora251978
    zamora251978

I briefly read an article speaking of Mexican music such as "Corridos" and others. Apparently they are all bad.

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

hahahha!! I remember that part in the beastie boys cd. That was hilarious! I had all their stuff since license to ill. I remember they gave a concert in my area and their was a huge condom on stage that everybody had a fuss about....But fortunately my mom never listened to my music. The Led Zeppelin stuff I had to throw out was because of my lame cousin. I think he was pissed because he had to throw his out..so I had to pay too for that.

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

I can tell you exactly where it says "My sweet satan I live for the church of satan in the song "Stair way to heaven"

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

bttt

just ask

• Angry_Kangaroo
    Angry_Kangaroo

My dad found my Jane's Addiction tape and threw it out. His reaction was so over the top, it reminded me of the dad from the Twisted Sister video. Hilarious! I just bought another one.

I used to listen to INXS's Devil Inside really low. Didn't want my parents to hear it. They threw a fit over my....Nelson poster! Nelson! Good God people!

I remember hearing a talk at the assembly which called heavy metal band members "guttersnipes". My sis and I laughed abouth that for years.

I always hated the way they used the word "debase". "Music that debases". Ugh. Makes me wanna crank the Pixies song Debaser..."Wanna grow up to be... a DEBASER!

• LuckyNun
    LuckyNun

I remember having all my music gone through and listened to once.... Gawd.

The most embarassing moment was at a witness youth party and the Beastie boys was playing the guys father came down right at the moment the

"if it's going to be that kind of party I am going to stick my dick in the mashed potato's"

line came on. We all got a stern talking to.

That's just funny. I wasn't laughing when my mom went through every tape I owned and made me dub over the swear words in Concrete Blonde and REM. The only reason she let me keep them is because they were "melodic", in her words. Anthrax and Soundgarden and Alice in Chaine were promptly bludgeoned with a sledgehammer (and promptly rebought and hidden BETTER).

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

It seems like most peoples parents just used this as an excuse to get rid of music they didnt like.

On a related topic, there was a ministereal servant in our congo who got tickets to go and see Phil Collins in concert. The elders told him he couldnt go and would be removed as a mini if he did. The issue went all the way up to the DO to discuss whether he was allowed to go or not.

As I remember I think the DO said he could go, but the elders were still opposed and put some kind of stipulation on it that if he did go he would lose some piviledges.

It was in the days before it was usual for people to go and see performers in concert, so it was a pretty rebellious thing to do at the time.

• dinah
    dinah

Reading this thread just has me sitting here shaking my head. Such paranoia!

I found this song about 5 years ago on my son's ATV Offroad video game. It's a bad called "Bender" who seem to have disbanded. The name of their album is "Jehovah's Hitlist". It really made me wonder if they were ex-dubs--or at least the song writer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCFSfPbZkBw

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit