How can they care more about their meetings than their family?

by student1 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• carla
    carla

I can't tell you how appalled people are when I tell them an example of my own jw's behavior and missing his own childrens life events. The public just has no idea! One example is when we did not see our child for nearly a year, we were in constant contact but unable to physically hold that child, child comes home for a visit, wouldn't a normal person want to spend every available moment with someone that they can't see all the time? Not a jw, gotta get to the meeting. Our children look at it just for what it is, uncaring selfish SOB that can on occasion be nice and normal but who cares little for his own family. That is the fruit of the wt and what my friends and family will carry with them about jw's.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Your sister probably did this on purpose to show you how important her
    meetings are. Unless she is in a totally isolated area, she should easily
    be able to go to a morning meeting instead of her regular one, or she
    could skip the meeting since she made plans with you. It is rude not
    to mention the time problems when making plans.

The dubs in my own congregation were unable to alter their schedules to
    attend my (worldly) grandmother's funeral or visitation. One fellow from
    the congregation showed up for the visitation. My mother's entire cong.
    showed up, but their meetings didn't suffer and they lived in the area.
    I wasn't surprised.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

And to think we were all part of that faith Yes, spiritual mind control meetings are necessary to keep everyone lapping up the regurgitated nonsense they feed you so you can be a good lil jdub.

The one and only time my Jdub aunt and uncle (elder) came to visit me was when I was in hospital and they thought I was going to die.

• Gringa
    Gringa

These God fearing people do everything in their power to destroy the most "godly" arrangement on the earth - that of family. They put everything before that.

Yes, my dear, you need to toughen up. I am still upset over the fact my mom called me "Satan" over 10 years ago. I was in town for the day, living some miles away from her and called to take her and my brother (who was visiting from California and I hadn't seen in over a year) to a nice restaurant for dinner. It happened to be at the time of her Sunday meeting. Rather than asking me if we could do it at another time or attending the early service with the other congregation that met in the same hall, she said that I was Satan trying to keep her away from the meeting. MY GOD - she was 70 years old and was born in, never missed meetings, what would have missing one loosey meeting hurt her?

Needless to say, I have never asked her to go anywhere again. I stopped dropping by to see her, in case I might disrupt one of her many activities. I laughed when she asked me why our family was not closer! She didn't understand why all of us don't get together more and why I keep her grandchildren away from her!

I echo others here - even though I have been out for many, many years, when you have family in, they continue to exert some power over your life. I certainly live my life the way I want and don't hide it, but they all still try their damnedest to make me feel like crap - they are not winning this battle! LOL

• Purza
    Purza

It seems the farther away I get from the religion, the harder it is to comprehend that they are still going to their mindless meetings three times a week. I am sorry your sister was so unfeeling student1.

Purza

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit