How can they care more about their meetings than their family?

by student1 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• student1
    student1

I have not posted for a good while now as have not felt the need,

am living in the real world away from JDUB hell.. escaped dissing and now have a few friends (some ex jdub and some that have no clue what a jdub is!!)

My sister and I were extremely close but my departure has seperated us and we now rarely see each other. Recently my friend lost one of her son's in a hit and run and I thought that it would cheer the remaining brother if I took my puppies to see the remaining brother. The puppies went to a new home when I moved out of my place with a JDUB sister (as I couldnt find anywhere to rent with dogs)

My sister said to me that she would like to see me and I said "yes id like that too", so we made an arrangement for this sunday and i arranged with the new dog owner to allow me to take the dogs to see the little boy. Anyway the point of this story is that my sister lives a good distance away and by the time she has been to her meeting we wont get to pick up the dogs till 3.00pm and I told the owner lunch time. I asked my sister to leave the meeting early or not go as I dont want to take the mick with the new owner who is being so nice letting me take the dogs for the day anyway and I have a little boy to think of who is looking forwards to seeing them.

As you can all imagine my sister said absolutely not, I reasoned with her that this is a one off (its not as though we ever see each other! her response was absolutely not yet again! she never said she would miss the meeting i just thought when you say your gonna spend the day with someone you mean it not just a few hours and she knew about the dogs arrangement we have had it arranged all week

I feel like I am nothing to her, this just underlines how little I matter to her and lets not even talk about my parents they are even worse!!

It seems I died the day I left!!

love to you all xxxxxx

• sspo
    sspo

Nothing new, we were always told by the society if you have family visiting, make sure you do not miss meeting, or take them with you.

leave them at home.

I always felt it would be so rude leaving them alone at home when they were the ones that took the time and money to visit me.

Blame the society that puts everyone of the JW's on a guilt trip constantly. %$#@#$%^&

• Mary
    Mary

Unfortunately, this is an all too familiar story.

• llbh
    llbh

My JW wife and daughter would not attend our older son's graduation in London because it was a meeting night!! wtf

llbh

BTW he got a first class honours degree

• Maddie
    Maddie

The shame of it is that they really think they are doing the right thing because didn't you know it's a mortal sin to put family before a meeting!

Maddie

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Growing up, if we had visitors from out of town, even family, they waited at home for us if it was a meeting night. My mom's father got married and there was a family dinner before that fell on a Memorial night. We couldn't even go afterwards, because the night is too holy to go anywhere but home afterwards. Mom is his only child, BTW. But she is now shunning me and my sister because we've left, oh and my kids too.

momz

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Yes that is a an unfortunate circumstance to be involved with this mind controlling cult

The simply and obvious answer though is power and we all know how power corrupts even the good

Some people want to hang in with the the JWS just to have a personal redeemer for their sins ( which does not make for loving and compassionate character for sure )

And what that essentially means they do not want to think for themselves and they don't want to be responsible for themselves or others

It's been said that religion is a crutch for those who do not want to stand up on their own two feet

So in some respects it's the corrupt helping the corrupt , this does not make for a good world to live in, not in a humanitarian sense.

This is just one of the religions in the world that will intensionally divide and separate a family if one or two members

doesn't go along with what the big rulers says.

More or less the people at the kingdom halls become their extended family members the ones to associate with and support.

I wouldn't get overly bothered by it though there a lot of good people in the world to become friends with.

In a matter of fact I've found more smarter and wholesome people that do not have any religious connection at all, you just have to

stick your head out the window and look around.

• student1
    student1

Amen to that!!! excuse the pun!

Have been trying to remedy the situation with my sister, however while I have been apoligising in text messages and calling her too upset to go to bed she seems able to go to sleep! So I tried phoning the housephone - faced with my cold witch of a mother who is clearly incensed by my attempts to get said sister to miss a meeting for the sake of a bereaved 13 year old boy!! Her voice is like an icicle through my heart (god i need to toughen up!!)

As for better mates outside of the cult - your so right I rang my friend explained the situation and she said she would take me (just like that she will give up the day!! I have only known her two months and she has so much work to do - we are both on the same course at uni and have a whole world of work due in next week).

As it turns out the boys family have today been to see the body of their loved one and the planned visit is no longer appropriate!! So I need not have stirred up all this trouble and got myself into such a state - feeling so unloved by a cold family - I know its not them its the cult but knowing that doesnt stop it fucking you up!!

I think I will still go and see the dogs just for my own good as its nice to be reminded of someone that will love you unconditionally and thats exactly what dogs do.

thanks for your posts.. tears are running down my cheeks but I feel comforted by your words and the sense of solidarity.

xxxxxx

• student1
    student1

your poor son!! thats absolutely disgraceful... wow a first is amazing. My parents decided to come to mine, I assumed they wouldnt but for some reason they did (I havent seen them since tho!)
    (I got a 2(1) its no first but I was very happy) especially as I had to move out and support myself through it as my parents were not supportive of my ambitions to get educated!!

thanks for your post..

• llbh
    llbh

He loves his mum- good thing. i was really upset.

Not only did he get a first but it was in one the best Universities in the world for his subject - Medical Biochemistry. I am a really really proud dad!!

BTW I forgot to say Welcome Student 1

llbh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit