Change in Stating the Period Since 1914?

by GermanXJW 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

You had me at

*** w666/1p.326TimeIsRunningOut!***

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Jesus was installed as King in heaven in 1914

The nine decades sounds just as long as the actual count to me. But I read it as
    NINE (heavily accented with a silent "long") decades.

I might use the fact they claim that Jesus was installed and rules since 1914.
    "So he's going on 94 years as a ruler. That's approaching 10% of the prophesied
    thousand years. What's he done?"

They will give me the crap about completing the fulfillment of the anointed and
    establishing truth among Jehovah's people or whatever. All that can easily be
    disputed.

"The anointed numbers are still growing. The WTS just changed their mind again
    in the Feb. 2008 WT what the truth really is, and I am sure they will keep changing
    it, so truth is not established yet.

But seriously, 94 years to reach 0.1% of the population. Using an outdated ineffective
    door-to-door preaching work. Not using the current mass media methods available
    to any real degree- television, radio, internet, billboards. Jehovah is not reaching out
    in Muslim countries and very little in Hindu lands."

I could go on but you get the idea. "Jesus was installed as king in heaven in 1914."

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

There is a nice one outside the Watchtower-magazine:

g0511/8p.10BridgingtheGap—TheRealSolution***How gratifying to know that God’s heavenly government has already moved into position to solve these problems forever! Bible chronology and world events clearly mark the year 1914 as the time when God’s government was established in heaven. Thus, for almost a century, it has been actively preparing the foundation for a new world of righteousness.
  • candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

looks like jesus could have actually DONE SOMETHING in 90 years.

i guess its tough to be king

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW
    i guess its tough to be king

Yeah, all the red tape and stuff steals a lot of time.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    perhaps Lady Lee can put it in the best of somewhere

+1 for entry into the "Best Of"

Here's my favorite:

***w7310/15p.620par.9CauseofHumanity’sDistressNearsRemoval***
    It is nearly sixty years, since the Gentile Times ended in 1914, and the "war of the great day of God the Almighty" will not hold off indefinitely, forever.

But it IS holding off indefinately and forever! This post is proof :)

• GoodnessGracious
    GoodnessGracious

Okay, this is HILARIOUS!

• observador
    observador

Thanks, German.

I love those quotes. It is interesting to see the evolution on how they word JW's beliefs.

there will not be enough living to bury the dead.

They sound like "What a joy that will be!".

It was things like that that used to bother me so much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit