Advice on making up with DF sister

by MissingLink 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

You can really only say you're sorry for hurting her so long ago, you really believed you were doing the right thing at the time. You now know how horrible it is and can you get together and catch up. I'm glad you are doing it, sisters are forever.

momzcrazy

• Maddie
    Maddie

Just be honest, say how sorry you are that you were deluded by the WT and how you now know how wrong it was to treat her as you did. The rest is up to her and hopefully she will be overjoyed to have you back in her life. My best wishes that it goes well.

Maddie

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

yeah you will need to find out if she does think its still the "TRUTH" cause if she does it will change what you say from that moment on. she could rat you out if she thinks it is and you spill your heart to her.

good luck tho

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Thanks so much to you all for your advice and support.

I rang her last night and it went great. She said she didn't have any hard feelings, alghouth she didn't understand why I had taken such a hard line against her. Apparently my elder father and mother have been contacting her about 3 times a week (they never would tell me that). So she thought it was just ME. I told her that even her parents weren't "allowed" to have this contact and that dad could be removed or even DF for it.

She was really glad I called. We've agreed to stay in touch and visit each other and get the kids together as soon as possible.

I had to get her phone number from my parents. My mother first assumed that I was dying (why else would I be making contact). When I assured her I wasn't - she then was worried I was going to be rude to my sister and scare her from ever coming back to "the truth". I told my sister all this. She said that my mom has been hounding her to find out why I was contacting her. I told my sister to have some fun with it and tell mom that I berated her for an hour. She thought that would be great fun. She'll let mom off the hook before too long though. (We were always teaming up playing jokes when we were young).

Anyway - I've gained a sister, brother in law, and two neices. I haven't talked to my parents yet, but it looks like I can still have a relationship with them even if I'm out.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Wow, you got a lot of wonderful things all at once-your sister and her family AND to find out your parents will likely make you their secret sin. I hope it all keeps getting better and better!!

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Just make the call, dude. she has probably been praying for the day. Tell her you love her before you even say your name. Don't put it off.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Congratulations on making the best decision of the year! Just pick up the phone and say sorry.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I guess I didn't arrow down all the way! Awesome news, awesome.

• llbh
    llbh

Fantastic news missing link what a result. And for you with regards to your mum and dad .

llbh

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I'm sittin' by the phone sis...please hurry.

Welcome.

lisa <---Oh I so hope this call is for me

dagnamit..it wasn't for me. Oh well, glad the phone call went well. Keep us posted on how your relationship develops.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit