Please, don't confuse JWs with WTS

by outofthebox 14 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

As in Jesus' times, the real problem were the leaders, and today the real problem is the WTS.

So are you saying the problem is the leaders and not us for being stupid sheep?

If God made some sheep and some leaders maybe he is the problem.

Or maybe it was our fault for being stupid sheep.

Maybe at some point we decided it was easier to let someone else think for us.

In my case being raised a witnoid, I just caught on to the transition of being an adult about 20 years to late. 20 years to late to get an education and a decent career.

Go Jehober!

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Yep. There is difference between been evil and been a robot (or solider). We were robots, but not everyone of us were evil.

• trevor
    trevor

It is important to realize the difference between the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society and Jehovah’s Witnesses. The Society is the legally registered corporation for Jehovah’s Witnesses. They have branches which double as printing plants all around the world and they live in these “Bethel Homes.” The main headquarters are in New York. The Society make all decisions and decide doctrine, rules and policy. No accounts are shown to the ordinary members.

Although these men also call themselves Jehovah’s Witnesses, they lead and are in charge, they have referred to themselves as God’s prophet. They are responsible for the claims and accusations that appear in the literature they produce. Throughout this book, the Watchtower Society is referred to as “they” rather than the impersonal “it.”

The name Jehovah’s Witnesses refers to the many people who make up the congregations around the world - the membership. They will often be referred to as Witnesses. To become a Witness is relatively easy. To become a member of the Watchtower Society is far harder and can only be achieved by appointment. Very few are asked to join. The highest rank is appointment as a member of the Governing Body. These men manipulate all Bible texts and decide how to apply them to Jehovah’s Witnesses. They are responsible for the changes that have taken place in their teachings over the years.

The average rank and file Jehovah’s Witness is in a different category. Most of them are sincere people, who have in many cases been attracted to the movement by a genuine desire to understand the Bible and serve God as best they can. They are often very kind people who have become unwittingly involved. Their distant and sometimes hostile attitude towards those outside the movement is a result of what the Society term “mental regulating,” in the form of books, magazines, lectures, question and answer discussions and private counselling - coupled with a fear of expulsion if they associate with anyone who their Society see as a threat to their cause.

Most members would show a great deal more empathy if they were not actively encouraged to view all outsiders as sinners who are about to be killed by the God they love. After many years in the movement and being trained to view all outsiders with suspicion, believing that they are a threat to their salvation, it is inevitable that some Witnesses have lost a great deal of their feeling towards people who are not part of their organization.

Taken from the book, ‘Opening the Door to Jehovah’s Witnesses.’ By Trevor Willis. For your Free Download of this honest and informative insight into the world of The Watchtower Society - go to Lulu.com and enter the book title or authors name.

• ronin1
    ronin1

The problem is that when the JW's are told by other JW's the real truth about the WTS, many refuse to listen, accuse others of being apostates, deliberately cause emotional hurt on their family members by shunning, DF, etc. In turn, these actions leads to marraige and family breakups and breakdowns.

It is when these things take place that the JW's and the WTS become interchangeble, and both are blamed.

I have many family members that I love who are still active Dubs. But they have refused to listen to those of us who realize the real truth about the WTS and subsequently have shunned us and caused family and emotional hurt. They would rather listen and be controlled by the WTS. As much as I love those family members, I can with a clean conscience lop them together with the WTS and blame both.

Once you have told an active JW the real truth about what is and has been going on within the WTS and they refuse to listen, etc.- they have become interchangeble with the WTS wrongdoings and sins.

Case closed.

Just my opinion.

Ronin1

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Interesting...the WTS used to state that their books and magazines were published by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. Now they are published by Jehovah's Witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit