Please, don't confuse JWs with WTS

by outofthebox 14 Replies latest jw friends

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

When I realized the truth, I was mad. Really mad!!! and started to blame those crazy JWs, I said things like the JWs are this, the JWs are that, and I hate them! I was wrong. Generalization is not good. After all many of us here were JWs in our past life, isn't it? So, not every JW is a bad person.

Granted, a lot of JWs could be real tools, stupids, loons, !@&*(!@(*s, etc. but there is some good people inside too. I realized that in the last meeting. I don't believe the WTS doctrines, but I really love my JWs friends. They are good people. I also love some catholic, atheist and even mulim people. The religion is not important to me anymore. I have peace now.

As in Jesus' times, the real problem were the leaders, and today the real problem is the WTS.

So, please don't confuse the JWs with the WTS. They are not the same thing.

-ootb

• nvrgnbk
  • nelly136
    nelly136

i think the majority of pepes here can differentiate between the two

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey, Jacques in zee box!

When I first got wind of the real truth, I wanted to remain a JW but disassociate from the Watch Tower corporation. I agree with what you have said but am seeing things a little more clearly now. From a religious standpoint, I feel it's about who is "Wheat" and who is "Weeds."

I've yet to get it sorted out ... will the angels?

CoCo

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I sometimes use both terms interchangeably, but I too realize the difference. JW's are the actual people (rank and file), The Watchtower is the org that controls them.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Technically the anointed are the only "Jehovah's Witnesses" the "Other Sheep" are only called that by extension. So, strictly speaking JW's are evil. Just straining the gnat here. They may be gullible but they aint evil. Unloving, uncaring, legalistic, insensitive to anything but field service hours and meeting attendance, but heck, who's keeping track? W.Once

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Kinda like differentiating between Catholics and 'The Vatican' isn't it? Most people know when you are referring to the institution and not the people, though the terms are interchanged in conversation. When I make a statement about the Jw's, I sometimes mean the WTS. I love the people - the Jw's themselves - but still on a board like this, one has to read the intent sometimes methinks.

Jeff

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

The paradox is that it is difficult to analyse one without the other. The WTBTS has JW soldiers who dispense its dogma even to the extremes of advocating family shunning indefinitely. And so irrespective of the sincerity of the heart condition of those doing the shunning, they are caught up in a cyclic reasoning saga which only ever ends if you remain or become a JW. That is the psychological engine the WTBTS have built to install in peoples minds who are usually well intentioned individuals. So the WTBTS are responsible for all the upheavall they bring down upon their own followers because they are the ones instructing them implicitly NOT to COMMUNICATE! As we all know in divorce, lack of communication paves the way for more destruction and places matters in the hands of detached legal high fee enterprises. And so it is their own hidden will not to communicate which will undoubtedly cause them most damage, just as it has the families they sold the idea to in the first place! How else can it end - they have manufactured a self fulfilling prophecy - sad but it is gawkingly obvious!

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Nice thought, but if you were Captain Kathryn Janeway, and you were faced with a Borg with a laser rifle who says "we are Borg", would you kindly refrain from apprehending or 'neutralizing' him just because he is connected to the hive mind? "Poor little feller, he's just a borg. He shounta dun that'.

No, Tuvok, your logic will get you killed. And your ears are pointy. ANd I know that's a little SLing Blade-y but, my point is made.

• Tahoe
    Tahoe

Thx for the explanation and guidelines. It really helped.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit