Christmas shopping unhealthy for men.

by BrentR 33 Replies latest jw friends

• BrentR
    BrentR

Most of the people on my list like my metal and woodworking products. It is so more relaxing and enjoyable to be out in "Santa's workshop" working away on a project all the while thinking about the person I am making it for. To me that is what the season is supposed to be about.

I turned this candle holder from wood off of my property that is not even available from exotic woodworking suppliers. It is for a receptionist I work with that is very much into candles.

• UU Now
    UU Now

BrentR, I think I'd like one of your homemade gifts, too. My gift-selection tip, no matter whom you're buying for, is to pay attention to things they do, say, talk about during the whole year, and have some ideas brewing in advance. Maybe go browsing or window shopping with your wife during a time of year when the crowds aren't so bad, and see what she seems drawn to.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

When the men go shopping for themselves, shopping for cars or men things, they can stay for a long time. I don't like shopping when there is alot of people.

I like your woodworking it's nice, So what is it?

alt

• Barbie Doll
  • Barbie Doll
  • BrentR
    BrentR

Thanks!

Here is a clue as to the wood that was used.

alt

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

OK what is it?????????????????

• delilah
    delilah

very cool, Brent. I like it.

Now, I heard on the radio the other morning, that in my area, they've set up a tent, for men only. The men are dropped off, the women are given a number, similar to a coat check, they go off shopping, while the men can belly up to a bar, read a newspaper, smoke a cigar, play some video games, watch sports on a big screen tv, and visit with other men who's wives are shopping.

The women go back, hand in their number to someone manning the tent door, they call out the number, your man comes out to the car, you go home. Everyone's happy.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Well, "pine", "fir" and "spruce" are obviously the wrong answers.

Yew?

Hemlock?

Larch?

gently feral

• BrentR
    BrentR

It's the yellow brush called scotch broom. Around here it's a very aggresive bush that people routinely clear out and consider obnoxious. But the wood is very hard and has a great dark brown heartwood and is ideal for lathe turning projects.

This is the finished holder with a hand dipped beeswax candle.

alt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit