Was mold a problem in your hall?

by DT 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Yeah, the talks were filled with it....

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

You betcha!! The Brodheadsville hall in Pa. was torn down completely and a new one built in its place just this year. And my poor hubby busted his ass on the first one. But not this time.

Free

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

They are aware of it and working hard on eliminating it, to avoid lawsuits and protect resale values.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Name a kingdumb hall that doesn't have a mold problem.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Nope, mold requires a certain amount of moisture and I grew up in SE Idaho (dry as hell and only slightly less inclimate)

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Think about what takes place in a quck build. Walpaper is put on walls where the plaster does not have sufficient time to dry. The moisture trapped in that is a conduit to mold. The halls are dark most of the day because they are empty and there are no windows. The air is either turned off or at a setting where there is limited circulation.

I have entered halls with a pretty funky smell and that smell never goes away.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Think about what takes place in a quck build. Walpaper is put on walls where the plaster does not have sufficient time to dry. The moisture trapped in that is a conduit to mold. The halls are dark most of the day because they are empty and there are no windows. The air is either turned off or at a setting where there is limited circulation.

I have entered halls with a pretty funky smell and that smell never goes away.

That's why many RBC's have recently gone to applying the wallpaper the weekend after the bulk of the construction is done.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

bigwilly, where in Idaho? I have friends in Buhl, by Twin.

momz

• arwen
    arwen

The basement in the hall was full of mold. One year it was our turn to clean the basement at the annual big cleanup and one of the men brought some kind of chemical to get rid of it.. He started spraying it all over the cement walls while we were down there and I started to get a headache.. His five year old son was down there and I said to him...that he shouldn't let his son breath that stuff in and he said it was safe for humans.. I had to leave..I felt so bad for his little boy.. If it gave me a headache then what was it doing for the little boy.. They sold that hall to people that opened a day care in it.. Poor kids.. I wonder if they every knew....

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Yep. Mold and A/C leaks. The drops sometimes fall in some brother's head. Holy Spirit?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit