Was mold a problem in your hall?

by DT 28 Replies latest jw friends

• DT
    DT

It seems like almost every hall I went to had a mold problem. I couldn't even enter the last hall I attended without getting sick. I had to listen
    in on the telephone. The hall was about the only place that made me sick. Most of the congregation seemed to think that there was something wrong with me
    spiritually and most avoided me. I didn't even know all the elders. I was pretty regular in the field circus, but I had to call ahead and wait outside for
    the group to let out, and then a lot of people I never met would just walk by me like I was an apostate. I felt like I was being shunned long before I disassociated
    myself. Well, it's a group that can't take criticism, even if the "criticism" is just getting sick from their shoddily built kingdom halls.

I've thought about reporting some of these halls to the authorities as a health concern. My only concern is that this just might force them to remodel, thereby
    further enriching the society at the expense of the poor dubs. Any thoughts?

• TIMBOB
    TIMBOB

YES, there was a HUGE mold problem at my hall. It was an old though. It only bothered me sometimes though.

• lawrence
    lawrence

My wife at the time always complained of mold allergies and the thugs/elders laughed. She started drinking 3 or 5 shots before meetings and said that helped along with drixoral. The booze helped more by blocking out the foolishness delivered from the platform that the mold problem. I complained more about the lice I contacted in the men's bathroom than the mold. Tough to give an instruction talk with the crabs.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..What do you expect!..Annoyed 2.....Window CleaningWindow Cleaning..A Kingdom Hall filled with Professional Window Washers!..And..No windows!!..Window CleaningWindow Cleaning..Clever........................................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Yes there was this elderly grumpy old annointed one who had been around since 1914 and he is even more mouldy now as he has been pushing daisys up since 1966.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

faulty design, workmanship,lack of windows or that tacky vinyl wall paper they use! Anyone ever hear of sick building syndrome

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Yes, our hall was 30 yrs old. My newborn son was too sensitive to it, and it bothered his lungs. His doc said not to take him back. So I got the encouraging, "unless you go to meetings you and your kids will die" talk. Sure made me want to go! He's 2 1/2 now and his lungs are fine. Imagine that!

momz

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

For elderly, sick, respiratory illness sufferers, people who have had recent operations, and children are especially in danger to indoor mold problems, symptons include, headache, bloody nose, eye irritations, memory loss, breathing problems, sudden case of asthma, insomnia, stomach cramps, coughing and flu like symtoms that never go away.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I could not figure out why I would get my son over a cough and finally get back to meeting, he would start coughing again the day after. He had to have breathing treatments and be on steroids. And hubby always worked so I couldn't leave the baby with him. He hasn't even had a cold since we left.

momz

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

yes, its a good thing you stayed away, depending on the spore type and spore count in the air, your son would have worsened, and might have caused damage to his health for the rest of his life. Stachy and Aspergillis (forgive my spelling) are the most common and most harmful types of indoor molds. What the loving elders should have done was contact an indoor hygentist or a trained expert to perfrom air samples of indoor air quality, they might have found a huge problem. I seen a case where a 16 month old baby was coughing up blood, turned out that the planter box outside the bedroom window was leaking water in to the wall causing a huge mold problem.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit