No natural affection

by Renegade 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Renegade
    Renegade

I find it strange that the witnesses often rant about natural affection. But the thing is, when people are disfellowshipped, in most cases the persons family cut off any contact with them, they stray to the other side of the road when they see them etc. Now, this must mean that a witness family only loves you for your behaviour not for who you are. So the people always ranting about natural affection don't appear to have any themselves. What are your opinions?

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

They have natural affection for those who play by their rules. And I guess some have it for worldly people, genuinely thinking they are trying to save them. But then it goes away when they fail to respond favorably. As far as families go, religion first, family last.

momz

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

I totally agree with you. For parents to GIVE UP their own children and grandchildren is SO unatural...I can't really think of many things that top it for "unatural".

PS...what a weird word "natural" is when you say it and spell it a few times!LOL!

• Maddie
    Maddie

When I think of the way JW's shun their families the scripture " No natural affection" always jumps out at me.

Maddie

• Renegade
    Renegade

I always wondered about this. How could anyone do that someone else? A member of their own family even?

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I couldn't, but my mom has done it to my sister and I.

momz

• sweetums
    sweetums

I truly hate the word "worldly"... I have never been a witness... my in-laws are and when my mother-in-law would introduce my daughter to any of the "sisters or brothers", she would always refer to my sweet baby as her worldly granddaughter. One of these days I'm going to get up the nerve to tell my story... but in the meantime, coming here is cathartic for me. It's nice to know that people trapped in this cult actually open up their eyes and see the "truth" for what it is.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

They have no time for natural affection the spiritual is spinning too fast. Prayer, Association (meetings) Study, Service, Prayer, Association, Study, Service, PASS, PASS, PASS, PASS.... When someone needs help, no time, "I think I'll PASS!"

• Renegade
    Renegade

I hate the way alot of witnesses seem to think that non-witnesses (if you prefer that term) have no feelings whatsoever. So basically they can say what ever the hell they want to you and you're supposed to put up with it.

• shell69
    shell69

Thats coz we're all fornicating, drug taking scum bags as far as they are concerned.

For those of us that are out; i think they like to 'imagine' how bad our lives must be now as we dont serve j anymore. Thats why sites like this are so important, it gives us the voice that they like to think they have taken away from us!

THE WORLD WIDE WEB IS COMING TO GET YOU!!! And I do beleiev they are being gradually exposed for what they are!

Just my opinion

Shell69

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit