No natural affection

by Renegade 17 Replies latest jw friends

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

With compassion and love on the surface, there seems to be an obvious vacuum inbetween the ears. Friends as long as you are my student. I found that to be true for someone I know. Especially at Christmas, when their heart freezes.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

In a SPECIAL NEEDS talk, DFING was to be considered a form of discipline. For the individual involved, he was to embrace it as a loving gesture from jehovah. If he was regularly attending meetings, then he was displaying his appreciation for such. Natural affection by the cong would displayed to him by NOT encouraging him with smiles, or those cute little silent gestures,like" we know you're here, keep up the good work sort of thingy". RIGHT!! Give me a break! One day my wife will post an earful on that subject. She's not jw, never has been,hates em.

• Renegade
    Renegade

It's strange that they actually believe that we are totally miserable and lost without religion. "The world" isn't really that much of a bad place after all.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Great post. I have mentioned a few times on this site and to my jw parents: JW's fulfill their own end times prophecy, they themselves being those 'having no natural affection'.

See it is true, it's just true about them.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

So the people always ranting about natural affection don't appear to have any themselves. What are your opinions

Amen.

All men are hypocrites. A person cant preach without being a hypocryte.

Jehober said "NO man is good, not one.

Or maybe it was a priest who said that.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think they are sorely lacking affection even within those that obey the rules. They squeeze ever more out of people. They are willing to keep singles/no prospects that way forever, either by exploiting or creating rejection situations or by hounding and prying couples-to-be apart. They are ever hounding people to do more in field circus. They tell you how to do things that should be personal decision issues. They subject the people to burdens of going to the a$$emblies (and then gloat about Christmas being a burden). They want children to get baptized at age 6, and make up fibs about people serving Jehovah full time with Marfan's syndrome and a hundred other diseases or that have to walk 20 miles each way in jungles and get beaten upon arrival for going, to guilt people into going with a bad headache.

As for those "fornicating, drug-taking scumbags" that the Witlesses think we are, I would rather be a fornicating, drug-taking person than one that helps protect pedophiles and silence the victim--let alone one that sets up the bogus authority that allows the pedophiles to operate in the first place. I seriously doubt that anyone would call it natural affection when they protect pedophiles and silence the victims.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

This is an excellent point. As a new JW, EVERTIME WE SAID GOODBYE I DIED A LITTLE! Because I never ever felt any natural affection! TRUE STORY - Excellent point!!

• Renegade
    Renegade

Oh yeah, I absolutely hate it when they guilt trip you into going! They always say "These noble people are willing to die for the truth!"

Well I'm flipping well not, I'll tell you that! I don't see any point in dying for a cause that hardly makes any sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit