Crazy JW Urban Legends

by Wordly Andre 40 Replies latest jw friends

• kifoy
    kifoy
    there is also a fake poem by Victor HUGO where he praises JWs, but how many checked that he died in 1885 ?

Victor Hugo uses Jehovah's name once in Les miserables, at least in my Norwegian translation.
    So of course a witness would take credit for that!

I remember one story I heard. Don't know where it was from, or when, but it was something like this:
    A rapist was loose in the town/city, and especially one park or forest area was his favourite crime scene. A pioneer sister was on her way home (or to) FS or a bible study one dark evening. And she had to go through that specific park. She prayed to Jah, and went on. In the middle of the park, she met this dangerous man, but he did not attack her. Later, after he was arrested, he was asked why he did not attack this woman (I always wondered how anyone could know what he did not do...?).
    The rapist answered: But she was not alone, she was walking along with two men on her side.

Wow, I remember being so impressed...

kifoy

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

The guys name was Nagata, true story. It was in one of the magazines. A CO gave a talk on that experience and he sounded like a baptist pentecostal screaming preacher. Real turn off. W.Once

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

If he didn't attack her, why was he arrested?

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

she was walking along with two men on her side.

I heard that story so many times, and even from the platform.

Victor HUGO also mentions Jehovah in Les Châtiments :

Quand, avec ses enfants, vêtu de peaux de bêtes,

échevelé, livide, au milieu des tempêtes,

Caïn se fut enfui de devant Jehovah...

Well, I'm refering to a poem (I saw it once) where supposedly he was praising the witnesses of Jehovah, nothing less...

• kifoy
    kifoy

He had apparently raped many other women in that park.

W.Once: Was it my story you said to be true?

kifoy

• kifoy
    kifoy

Another story came to my mind. I don't remember all of it. It was quite long. But it was said to have happend in a spanish/portugeese (I think) little town. It was a catholic town, at least. When I heard it back then I thought it was sooo funny

The catholic church had a problem with this town, because all the priests that were sent to this place, one by one became JWs. The legend goes on to tell the story of each and one of them.

I remember only this one partly: One priest, along with his sexton(?), was standing at a grave (or something) that had an inscription from Matthew 23:27 ("Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which on the outside appear beautiful, but inside they are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness.")

And the sexton was thinking of how it reminded him of the priest... or something. Well both the priest and the sexton became JWs, of course.

Anyone heard this story? Maybe someone has got the story in full?
    It would have been nice to read the complete story again.

kifoy

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

He had apparently raped many other women in that park.

OK, so he is arrested for attacking many women in the park. Why would the police ask him about a woman he didn't attack? How would they know to ask him about her? There a thousands of women who were walking through the park alone and with men that he didn't attack. OK, so maybe he volunteered the story to the police of the woman he didn't attack. Why would the police contact her to let her know a rapist didn't attack her? How would they know who she was to contact her? Why wouldn't a normal person say, sorry you have the wrong woman, I didn't have two men with me that night? so she could tell story at KH?

I call major bullshit on this story. If you ask a few questions, it is easy to see they are all bullshit!

Cog

• 1mother
    1mother

ok i must say i hav heard this weird one aswell...and liv in nz

-#1. ... Rumour had it one rather clever little stuffed smurf stood up during the meeting =, simply stating " Ive had enough of this" and walked himself out...never to be heard from again.

• CHILD
    CHILD

Some Witnesses went to an Earth, Wind & Fire concert. The performers started chanting for their spirit muses. After no success, they asked all JWs to leave so the concert could proceed.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

John Denver called all JWs out to stand up during a concert and then told them to leave. . .a former good friend told me that she was there at the Hollywood Bowl and it was true. I'd be ok with any public performer throwing JWs out of the house.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit