Crazy JW Urban Legends

by Wordly Andre 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Ever hear of the one of a worldly lady who was home alone and she was walking into her living room and stopped cold to see a man with a knife in his hand standing in front of her and just at the moment 2 brothers going door to door knocked on her front door, the man with the knife got scared and took off, she is now a sister and pioneering blah blah blah

• peggy
    peggy

CO decided to "encourage" the cong. the other night with stories of two sisters, one 104 the other 103 and still starting bibile studies. Also the 13 year old with 10 bible studies! He then pointed out that the cong. has an average of 7.5 hrs......what's wrong with you guys! Also, for you out there that are turning in FS reports of 1-2 hours and no placements....NOT acceptable!

I should have asked for the addresses of these old people so I could have sent them a card. Do you think he has addresses? I highly DOUBT it! These people do not exist! Urban legend, mild but still affective in promoting GUILT!

• BBOARD
    BBOARD

Speakin of that I know many JW's who feel that there literally is a "at least one demon ruling over every nation" ie China has one, America has one, etc ...

What crazy thinking ... but then again I used to belive it too!

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

I have two!

#1. When we were kids we werent allowed to have smurfs because they were "demonized". Rumour had it one rather clever little stuffed smurf stood up during the meeting =, simply stating " Ive had enough of this" and walked himself out...never to be heard from again. He probably posts on here from time to time.

#2. Recent. A pioneer sisters mum has a friend who has been transformed from GC to OT courtesy of a public visit in a public place from a friendly angel.
    There was three ladies, 2 witnesses and an evil non believer, they all saw the angel but only the transformed sister heard him speak.
    The thing that shocked me is everyone in the room believed the story as it was being told.

Im like WHATEVER! and I get the dirty looks!!

• undercover
    undercover

The one about the guy who broke into a sister's home and was hiding under the bed waiting for her to go to bed to attack her...but first she said her prayers to Joe Hober outloud. He was so impressed that he waited for her to fall asleep, snuck out and came back to visit her a year later...after he got baptized as a JW.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Undercover just goes to show they'll let anyone be a JW no matter your criminal record

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

A thief broke into a brother's house, but was interrupted when him and his wife came home. He was in the middle of stealing his bible and dashed under the bed. When they were sleeping, he quietly snuck out of the house. Years later, the brother was at an assembly and was approached by another brother. The second brother said, "brother, I don't know you, but I have something that's yours," and proceeded to hand the first brother the bible he stole years ago while relating story of how he came into the truth.

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

very much spread in France : well known Singer Jacques BREL was very ill and retreated in Marquise Islands. Guess what, he studied with JWs while there and only death kept him from getting baptized.

there is also a fake poem by Victor HUGO where he praises JWs, but how many checked that he died in 1885 ?

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Did you hear the one about the bible study who had all the books on the occult. He threw them out on the advice of the elders but the next day the damn things were back in the house. So the elders suggested that he have a big bonfire and burn them all. I think they got this idea from the Bible. The damn things wouldn't burn.

I wonder why occult books burned in the first century but not now? Perhaps the demonz are getting more powerful as we get closer to the end?

Cog

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

demons mainly print on asbestos paper now, just FYI

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit