Standish Arms Sold by WTS, 5 other buildings on the market

by blondie 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Makena1
    Makena1

They would have probably made a lot more on the buildings if they had sold last year. If the JW God can't time the market what chance do us mere mortals have? : ).

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

this is all very interesting.

marking for future reference.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Let us imagine for one moment that the organisation which is buying the buildings belong to or is tied in with the Org.This would allow the religious book club to opperate and get mega rich rentals and resales within the real estate business while still appearing to be mainly a religious organisation.

There are businesses which start out making money from one line of operation then diversify and end up making more money from all the diversifications as do Saga, RAC, Automobile Assoc. here in the Uk.

The Brooklyn Boys must have contingency plans just in case the book club goes belly up.That way the guys at the top still get to control all the lucrative assets.

So I say to all you door bell ringers WAKE UP it's reality time.

• zack
    zack

Some one is getting rich somewhere.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

http://www.brooklynpaper.com/stories/30/49/30_49standish.html

One of the sentences in the article read:

"The building, formerly a residence hall for Jehovah’s Witnesses who worked for the society’s printing and distribution businesses, was bought by Boston-based Taurus Investment Holdings last week."

They hit the nail on the head by accurately describing the society as a PRINTING AND DISTRIBUTION BUSINESS. There are letters to the editor that I sent in two comments on.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I found some other interesting tidbits.

Did anyone notice that Lorenz Reibling is listed as an Executive Producer on the Knocking website? (http://www.knocking.org/Credits.htm)

Also (use the same link) did anyone notice that an Isabella Reibling was given credit for the website design? I think its safe to assume that she’s related, but I don’t know that for sure.

Why would a real estate investor be an executive producer on a movie highlighting a fringe religious group (or any moving featuring religion for that matter) if he wasn’t an adherent? Especially a movie that attempts to portray the religion in a very favorable light?

I also looked up some of the other funding sources of this "impartial, third party documentary". It seems that Zaremba & Reibling are JWs. The NY Community Trust is an organization that assists donors (either corporate or private) with philanthropy. I went through their website and couldn’t see how much they donated to the Knocking project (looking up Open Door Productions, but the funds probably went to another entity). I couldn’t find any public documents on the identity of the initial donors, but it is certainly possible the WT or at least a wealthy individual JW was behind the donation. Speculation, but probably a safe bet.

I wonder if 50m is a fair price for the Standish? The whole way they're handling the sale of the Brooklyn properties is very strange to me. There's something going on, I just don't quite know what it is yet.

• sir82
    sir82
    It seems that Zaremba & Reibling are JWs.

Don't know about Reibling, but Zaremba is a JW. The family is staggeringly rich, very prominent in NE Ohio.

The patriarch was never a JW (his wife was), but was quite sympathetic ($$$) toward them. I believe most if not all of the kids (now adults) remain JWs.

I agree, there is a rat beginning to smell here. Someone with investigative skills would probably have fun with this.

• searcher
    searcher

I speculated on this board a long time ago that the WTBTS may turn into a 'legitamate company' much like the gangsters in the 20's using their ill gotten gains to become 'businessmen'.

It may be that I was right.

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed

Yep, something's not passing the smell test here. As the writing on the wall for the WT becomes clearer (lawsuits, declining numbers, and no armaggedon in sight), I suspect that the sucking noise of $$ being funneled out the back door to a few at the top may be getting more pronounced.

• Balaamsass

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit