No Excuse to Shun Families - Almost Lost my Son Today

by Gretchen956 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I am SO happy to hear that it ended so well! What a terrible scare for him AND for you!

big hugs to you both,

Annie

• onacruse
    onacruse

Gretchen, I'm glad your son is relatively OK. Over the years I've worked with many ironworkers, and on one job an ironworker was knocked off the side of the building @ 10 stories up. He was tied off, but he had jury-rigged his yo-yo so that he had more freedom of movement. Unfortunately, what that meant is that when he went over the side, the yo-yo played out without any braking, and when the line was maxed (about 25 feet), his lanyard snapped and he went down. Mike was a real nice guy, and left behind his wife and two young children.

My best to your son. It's good that he has his bros with him...ironworkers are one of the tightest bunch of friends I've ever known, and I know your son will have a lot of support, both financial and emotional.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Awe ((((((Sherry))))) I had chills reading that and am so glad to hear your son is going to be okay and on the mend. Wow how scary!! Mom's hate to hear this stuff and worse yet we hate to hear when anyone is treating our kids badly like the shunning person!! GRRRRR!!!!

FWIW My son is DFd and he lives most of the time on his Dad's property with his new step-mother who is a hard line JW. My son has lots of problems and she has been very kind to him and I am so grateful for that!! The place where she works (for a JW company) all of them totally shun my son when he runs into any of them around town. So again I'm so grateful that she is kind to him, he can be a real pain in the arse....with all his problems I'm sure it's very taxing on her.

Just to say Sherry there are those who can look beyond the JW shunning policy and show some human kindness, I only hope your son has more of those kinds of people in his life.

I bet you can't wait to see him and give him a big hug......before you *itch him out for scaring you like that!

• JK666
    JK666

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Sherry))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I am so glad that your son is going to be alright! I have a friend who's 18 y.o. son was in a terrible car accident a month ago, and he will be a paralyzed for life. It is moments like these that let us know the things that are really important.

I hope he gets a good lawyer, negligence like that needs to be reckoned with!

JK

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

I had my heart in my mouth just reading your account! I'm so pleased he's O.K.

My eldest works around traffic with heavy machinery and sometimes I wish he didn't tell me what goes on.

Lady Liberty is right, your son is 'flucky' ;)

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

That must have been a terrifying experience. I hope he will be okay! Hope you are okay, too! Hugs.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Thanks everyone for your kind responses. I'm beginning to catch my breath again now, its been a pretty scary experience. My son, however, expects to be back on the job on Friday. And, apparently his friends have been calling him and telling him he's the new Spiderman or Tarzan or something. Right now, though, I know he's on some kind of good meds and he's feeling no pain.

Ironworkers do have a great cohesive union and "brotherhood" thats for sure. I know that he'll be taken care of, still I'd prefer he had both feet planted securely on the ground.

Sherry

Edited to add: This post is for sons and daughters both. If you don't have family that love you unconditionally you can find friends that do that end up being closer than blood ties. Hugs to all of you that have lost parents or even kids to the madness.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Aw crap. I'm wordless to tell you how sick this is, and how happy I am (and my husband too, just read this to him) that you still have your son.

Unfrickingbelievable.

Thank you for your kind words to sons (and daughters). I copied your post and sent it to my very righteous jw parents.

Thank you, thank you, and bless you for your son's life.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

too close for comfort - I am soooooo glad your son is all right.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

(((((Sherry)))))

I'm glad your son didn't get more hurt than what he is! Wishing him a speedy recovery!

Babygirl..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit