Mr. Flippers Son makes Best Reply yet to Witness Mom's 4th E-Mail

by flipper 29 Replies latest jw friends

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

My JW buddy and I had a discussion recently about the future. I told him I am totally at peace with the eventual outcome of my life. He was VERY surprised at what he heard. I now understand why, based on this conversation. I believe that it's fear of the unknown, that is, the end of their lives. They cannot accept the fact that sooner or later we will all die. They are afraid! They are begging for mercy. They are afraid of what's next. Thank's for this revelation. I can talk to my bud next time and ask what he is afraid of.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

These emails made me feel angry and sad at the same time. Such love from a mother to son and vice versa. And such destruction of families. Your son must be so hurt to be viewed as a Satan-worshiping-apostate-reading-crow-feeding...!

I think these contacts are more destructive than not. I would encourage my son to discontinue subjecting himself to the down-grading and condascending words of his mother. He should stick to light, superficial topics.

Unfortunately, sometimes we have to allow people to save themselves. If you throw out a life raft but the person doesn't want to use it, there is nothing you can do by keeping on throwing more out.

• penny2
    penny2

I think the mum really does love your son, mr flipper. The problem is she is totally brainwashed and is trying all sorts of tricks to get him back in.

Your son has good reasoning ability and has put his point of view across very well. It's not only the mum who is reading these emails, it's also the sisters. You never know how it might help them.

You do have to draw the line though at some point. I've had these types of conversations with my parents but I decided that enough is enough. In the end it's too emotionally draining.

• JK666
    JK666

Mr. Flipper,

I bet you are glad that your ex-wife is your ex-wife!

Your son's response was excellent, but it does worry me. Since she is a loose cannon, could she try to get him DF'ed for apostacy? A BOE would jump on that letter as proof for a JC.

Do you think under any circumstance she would narc him out?

JK

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Mr. Flipper your son must love his mom very much to keep up this conversation. I'm glad she's still talking to him. As long as she's still talking and not shunning, there is hope, no matter how slim it now appears. What a patient thoughtful response.

Sherry

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Do Jehovah's Witnesses ever consider that THEY may be the Apostates?

Trying to turn others away from God and toward their WTBTS..for that's who they really follow.

Snoozy...

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for all the loving responses you guys ! You are all awesome !

MOMZCRAZY- You are more than welcome to add your e-mail from your mom to this thread my sis ! I think it would be good and add to the education process we get here being able to see how people respond to witnesses . You wouldn't be stealing the thread, you are always an asset my crazymom !

RESTRANGLED- I totally agree with you. She is trying to do the " cult " thing and get control of his thinking. And in an aggressive manner I might add . She should be really proud of our son and his achievments in college.

SAYWHAT 29- How old are you ? Did I meet your mom in a previous life ? Maybe I am your father ! Just joking ! I agree his mom's behavior is creepy indeed . I also agree that you can't fight crazy . That was crazy that you read.

4MYLOVE- That was an incredible utube . It is amazing what we can do to help kids swim . Glad you stood up for your husband . Survival does depend on the individual.

DAWG- Her argument certainly was " fairy tale " ! I think she sees her son as a " Satan" as sick as that is ! You said just replying to her would send you to therapy ? Just think what it was like being married to her for 19 years ! It is amazing I'm not in a straightjacket by now ! LOL! Peace, bro !

OPEN MIND- I am really proud of how my son has the emotional and mental security to reply to her ! I thought he was fantastic in his reply letter.

JENLET- I like your response to that, " Millions now living will never die " . They are all dead now too! Let's see I think they believed in the Watchtower society .

DOG IS GOD- Yes. I agree . I think my sons mental health can only take once every 3 months as you say of this exchange with his mom like this. Jeez!

MOUTHY- The ex-wife I think does believe in 1914. It's awful they take families away from you and anybody Mouthy.

WORLD TRAVELLER- I agree with you. The witnesses do have a fear of the unknown and a fear of the end of their lives. It keeps them from living. They can't accept that " sooner or later we will all die ". Good point !

BLUE SAPPHIRE- I too felt angry and sad to see his mother use emotionally abusive tactics to blackmail him. It is a destructive cult, the witnesses, and yes I will encourage him to not engage her in more destructive conversations that could bring him down emotionally! Jezz! A person can only take so much of that ! Thanks.

PENNY 2- I agree his mom is brainwashed and trying to trick him back in . His sisters though, like you say, will read the e-mails and perhaps it will make them think. I feel he needs to stop draining himself though emotionally. Time to give his mom a big timeout ! I believe.

JK- Your firsat statement is a BIG 10-4 good buddy ! She might try to narc on him as you say , but in my gut I think her great life ambition is to reason with him and save his a$$ ! A BOE might jump on his letters, only if mom makes it known to them though. But knowing her as I do, she has an ego, and everything is about appearance to her, like most witnesses. So if she rats him out, it would reflect bad on her " elderette great witness mother image " she has of herself to her witness friends. I think she is too egotistical to turn him in . I might be wrong, but time will tell. But in talking with my son tonight on the phone, he really doesn't care if the elders call him or not. He said he will still tell them where to shove their beliefs. You get the translation, I'm sure. Peace out.

GRETCHEN- Yeah, he is trying to still communicate with her, but doesn't want the negativity that comes with e-mailing her. He is a patient young man though ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

SNOOZY- I think they do need to look at that possibility that they are the apostates. With the way they treat people it would seem so

• dinah
    dinah

Mr. Flipper,

I'm sorry I was skimming but some words popped out at me. Emotional and mental security, that is priceless. Tell this young man to hold on to that!!

• flipper
    flipper

DINAH- Yes. Hedefinitely has mental and emotional security. I want him to hold onto that ! If his mom keeps bombarding him everyday with crazya$$ E-mails though it could erode his stability if he read all of them. So I think he is going to ignore her e-mails for awhile until she calms down a bit and acts like a normal human. He might have a long wait. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit