Mr. Flippers Son makes Best Reply yet to Witness Mom's 4th E-Mail

by flipper 29 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

So is this witness mother of my son a glutton for punishment or what ? I guess being programmed from the witnesses, she just doesn't see that her arguments are not making a dent in my son's non-witness beliefs. But amazingly enough , she was at it again Sunday night e-mailing him a 4th time . Then he responded to it with what I felt has been his best effort to date . But even that didn't stop her from e-mailing him again Monday night again , really laying the guilt on him about not being a witness.

To avoid boring you all ( as if this isn't getting a bit redundant already ) I have edited bits and pieces of the best parts of her first e-mail , and his return e-mail, and her last e-mail after his reply so you can see what went down in conversation . Thanks for reading, here is his mom on Sunday night .

Witness mother's 1st e-mail Sunday night

December 2nd, 07 Son, I wanted to let you know that when I made my dedication to Jehovah , I was 17. I did not have a parent to study with me. I studied the Truth book , which was only a Bible aid. But I really wanted to see if this is really what i want out of life, and I did have some encouragement from your father to make a dedication or else we could not get married, that was fine, I just did not have anyone to tell me it was very important to make a public declaration. I was not duped into anything.

And I wanted to be a preacher of righteousness , like Noah, he was told by Jehovah to warn the people of a cleansing of mankind, the people who would not listen over and over again were destroyed , but only ones who loved and obeyed Jehovah were saved, and that's in the Bible, son ! No picking and choosing on that either ! So as you turn your back on your dedication to your Heavenly Father , and your family heritage , we are cut to the heart at this. You don't know how many times I am so deeply pained to the heart , and not just me, but most of all , your Heavenly Father , and your two sisters who love their brother sooo much, you are so dear to all of us , but when you talk about us as if we are to be laughed at . It hurts us very much . You said God loves all people and makes no distinction. Yes, Jehovah does love mankind in general . He loved the world so much he gave his only son so mankind could have a chance to live again. I hope that clears things up for you.

So, that is the main drift of the first letter. Talk about trying to GUILT him into coming back ! Jeez! O.K. so here is his reply, enjoy !

Mr. Flipper's son's response to his Mom's e-mail

Hello Mom, I really appreciate that you are willing to carry on a discussion on this topic. I do understand where you are coming from, and I realize that you came to the decision to be a Jehovah's Witness on your own . However, I respectfully disagree that you made your decision after reviewing a sufficient nuber of sources . You made your decision based on just one source ! The " Truth " book was written by the Watchtower ,Bible and Tract Society. To make a fair assessment of things, you need a wider source than just the WBTS information. The only view that you have ever been exposed to is the one that the Governing Body allows you to see. If they had nothing to hide , they would allow their members to look at outside sources, because, obviously, if they had the truth, all evidence would point to their being correct. However, they do not allow you to talk to anyone that may have differing views. They do not allow you to read any material that may question their authority. They will even kick a member out if their viewpoint on a certain subject differs from the one that the Watchtower pushes as doctrine.

Mom, I have been a Jehovah's Witness , and since the time I stopped actively participating, five years ago, I have been examining and searching for truth , whether spiritual or scientific . I have sought to become widely experienced in an array of different viewpoints on many varrying subjects. I realize that the information provided to you has led you to your conclusion that Jehovah's Witnesses are God's organization, but I was not satisfied with merely hearing one point of view. There are many, many things the Governing Body will not inform their members about. You have to search for the truth yourself.

Mom, I am sorry that you feel I have disappointed you and my sisters, but I do not regret for one second the decision I have made to find real truth. I hope one day you may use your God-given logic and free will to critically consider the whole story, not just the one you are allowed to see. I do not think your beliefs are a laughing matter . I am mad at religion in general ! Contrary to what you may be told , they are all the same .

But if that day never comes, I am sure that the Watchtower Society , along with all other religions and governments who are currently lying to their believers, will one day fail. The Watchtower Society can only push forward the date of the end of the world for so long, before people start to wake up !

The Watchtower society insists that humans are inherently corrupt, and there is nothing that can be done by any of us to change that. What a depressing world it must be to live with that viewpoint . I wholeheartedly disagree. I choose to see the inherent goodness in all of us. There is a change underway Mom. We are breaking free from the few evil individuals who choose to oppress the masses . I choose to help this shift . Humans are not helpless !!! We can change our reality, but it takes work ! It is simply a lie that nothing can be done to change the way things are !!! If we rely on someone else to do things for us, we will never make any progress towards a better existence . Change for the better starts with each and every one of us !!!

I love you and my sisters so much Mom, and it hurts me to see you all decieved so blatantly . I know for a fact that 99 % of the people in that religion truly are good people ( I think his % is a bit high, but I digress ) and that is why I am even more frustrated by the lies they are subject to. But it is each individuals responsibility to inform themselves. The Watchtower society and all religions are nearing the end of their pathetic existence as we speak. I along with all those other people who have made the same decision as I have ( who are currently shunned by those they love ) , will be there for everyone when the deception is brought to light ! We do not love because someone tells us we can...We love everyone because we want to !!! I understand that we will not come to an agreement on this matter until you decide to critically think about the issues . Like I said earlier, I love you and all my family so much ! That is why I am so concerned.

So, great letter and effort on his part I felt . Then Monday night, his mom sent this response to his last letter .

Monday night's Letter # 2 response from witness mother

Son, I love you very much you're my son. I can tell you are very frustrated , and deeply bitter. It seems to me you do not want to recognize the Bible, why not ? You speak as if you know what God thinks , but you have not said one thing that are His thoughts. If you will, push all other thinking aside, read the Bible. You must be just as mad at yourself, you are still listening to a source, and letting it lead you, so you are no different, than any organized group. You will never find the love that God's word talks about on your own.

When you were 3 months old and I wanted to introduce you to swimming, so one day I took you in the pool, and let you get used to it, I blew at your face, and that caused you to naturally hold your breath. And under we went , but you trusted me, you knew I would not let you go. Now if I would of just thrown you in, you would not even be here to talk about your expererience . ( WTF ? Do you think she enjoys control? )

In Deuteronomy it talks about good for nothing men trying to turn away God's people. These people were Apostates, that Jehovah said he would destroy, because they turned His people away from Him. Son, I sure hope that's not who you are allowing to persuade you, what an evil slave, lead by Satan himself, yes, that same one who told Adam and Eve that God is lying to you . " You're missing out on something ! You won't die ! As a matter of fact, you will be like God ! Does that sound familiar ? Do whatever makes you happy and answer to no one ? And tell me son, where is Adam and Eve today ? I am sorry to inform you, they are dust at this point. Satan did not care one bit about them ! Jehovah gave so much, and what did Satan offer, LIES. All he wants is to turn you away from life, can't you see that ? I have been talking to you from the Bible, nothing else, unless you don't believe that either.

I love you dearly son, and I hope you really think this out, a lot more. Have you even thought about your own children, would you feel safe telling your own daughter that all people are loving and hang out with whoever ? And if life sends you a blow, wellthen, you have learned an experience. Please think very deeply about this son, your Heavenly Father wants you to come back to Him !! Malachi says: Return to me, says Jehovah. And that's right from the Bible, please remember son, the Bible guides my life. I love you, love Mom.

So, thank you all for reading. I'm sure you are exhausted like I am from the gut-wrenching drama queen emotions that his mom laid on him.So, O.K. let's all exhale now. there, better. I have left a message on my son's phone telling him some of you posters good advice you have given, like at this stage, might be better to let his mom simmer down some and ignore her e-mails so she won't feel like she is having any success at "saving " him back into the cult. I tend to favor that view at the moment . What annoyed me about her methods, was not only the GUILT she laid on him, but the sick, demented, twisted " throwing in the pool " illustration saying what if she didn't help him. I think that was highly uncalled for, and and indicator of a passive-aggressive chemically unbalanced view of the sanctity of our son's or anyone's life. So, what do you folks feel about the scenario now ? Should my son let her stew? Reply again ? Or any other comments on this interchange are welcome too. Have you guys learned anything from this inneraction I've shared with you about cult control ? Or what do you take away from this? I know I sure learned a lot ! I look forward to your great comments as always. You my JWD friends are the best, I appreciate your input. ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

flipper,

May I add my own mom's guilt ridden email, dismissing me from her life? I don't want to steal the thread, but she sounds like my mom.

momz

• restrangled
    restrangled

Love also means letting go, respecting opinions, beliefs etc. This never ending stream of quilt inducing messages from his mother is not love, its trying to control.

To use a scripture, and I have never done this in a post, but this is regarding sons and how parents should feel. By the way I'm using the NWT>

Psalms 127:4 "Like arrows in the hand of a mighty man, so are the sons of youth. 5: Happy is the able-bodied man that has filled his quiver with them. They will not be ashamed, for they will speak with enemies in the gate.

So what do you do with arrows?.....you launch them, and let them land where they may. You can not go back and retrieve them to reshoot the same shot.

Accept what you have launced and see where they have landed ..... In other words accept them, they have been launched, and apparently your son was launched beautifully......his mother wants to run back and redo the shot.

r.

• saywhat29
    saywhat29

Mr. Flippr, you must be my dad... because I know that that is my mother right there! It's like reason cannot reach her at all! It's crepy as hell and I admire your son for going through it 'cause I give up after a while.

You can't fight crazy. You can try and you can make folks who are just confused or dazed or under a spell see the error, but crazy?

Nope. Can't fight it. Can't. And that? was. crazy.

"I hope you aren't listening to those apostates?!?!?!?!" Jebus these people are wacked; how come I couldn't have been born into a crazy baptist family like normal people....

• 4mylove
    4mylove

http://www.childdrowningprevention.com/index.html

Have your son forward this to his mother.

As infants, children do have the ability to save themselves in water. It is amazing to watch these children flip themselves over to swim for a bit, then flip back onto their backs to be able to catch their own breath long enough to survive. Please keep in mind as you watch this that the parent is in to pool but not interfering with the training. The infant does this on their own.

We all, as humans, think for ourselves. I recently had to tell my mother in law to realize that my husband had to make decisions for his family on his own, if not she was going to do nothing but push him away further from her.

Survival depends on the individual.

• dawg
    dawg

So many things... 1st off not serving men doesn't make you an "apostate"...

Secondly, I can't even start to attack this fairytale of an argument. But questioning what some men have told you doesn't make you Satan the Devil...

I could go on, but I think arguing with her might make me seek therapy;

• Open mind
    Open mind

All I can say Mr. Flipper is that you should be very proud to have a son who can think and write so clearly.

His letter: fantastic.

Her reply: pathetic.

Thanks for sharing this.

Open Mind

• Jenlet
    Jenlet

"You won't die ! As a matter of fact, you will be like God ! Does that sound familiar ?"

As a matter of fact, it does sound familiar, as in "Millions now living will never die". I find it interesting, and more than a little coincidental, that the Watchtower Society co-opts the language of the devil when it comes to their eternal life carrot.

The devil told Eve that she would not die, just like the Watchtower Society told their followers in the 1920s that they would not die. But Eve did die, as did the millions that were fooled by Rutherford's unfounded claims.

Does this help us identify who the "evil slave" really is?

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

Jeez. Tell him to wait till after the holidays so he can have a ripping good time. I would say "quarterly" responses would be better for his mental health although I sure wish I had a son like him!!!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Ask her if she really believes Jesus came invisably in 1914... She may have doubts ( she sounds as if she would admit it doesnt matter) Then tell her they took my family away from me because I couldnt say I ABSOLUTLY believed it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit