new public edition of the WT

by loosie 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• willyloman
    willyloman

Will there be penalties for giving the wrong magazines to the wrong type of people?

Yes, and these are the conditions:

1. You have to turn yourself in.

2. The penalty will vary depending on the collective reading level of your particular body of elders.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    that way, for the public they'll get the basics to read, rather than the meat which they won't understand. "

If you won't understand ... why join anyway?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

" I think it's a great idea. that way, for the public they'll get the basics to read, rather than the meat which they won't understand. "

I wonder why Jesus didn't do that then? He spoke to the crowds openly. Surprised he didn't have private meetings to explain the 'meat'. What arrogance. Maybe they should have a private Bible too that explains things others can't see there? Oh wait, they already did that. Silly me.

Jeff

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    Isn't the Bible's "meat" availible to the public?

Good answer.

• sir82
    sir82
    " I think it's a great idea. that way, for the public they'll get the basics to read, rather than the meat which they won't understand. "

I wonder why Jesus didn't do that then? He spoke to the crowds openly. Surprised he didn't have private meetings to explain the 'meat'.

Woops, sorry to burst your bubble, but JWs will reply "Oh yes he did. He spoke to the crowds by illustrations, but only explained the meaning to the disciples who stuck around to ask him about it later."

I expect there will be a a WT or KM article explaining just that point in the near future.

• Hiddenwindow
    Hiddenwindow

Uh...it makes no sense...

• Bible_Student777
    Bible_Student777

Just tell the nitwits the truth and get it over with. "I don't believe in that drabble. My brain finally switched on full blast. How about you?"

• Quandry
    Quandry

So I am taking suggestions of how I should respond back to this person.

You could say, "I think it is a great idea also. I was wondering how to explain the new generation change to people in service from being people that would not pass off the scene until armagedon, to the contemporaries alive at the time that armageddon comes, to only the annointed. How would you have explained it?"

Then sit back and watch for sweating and ums.......

• loosie
    loosie

Thank you Quandry. Nows lets see what I get back in email.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit