new public edition of the WT

by loosie 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• loosie
    loosie

Ok I have about 4 friends who don't know that I am out of the org. Because there is 3000 miles between us and the subject has not come up.

Well one of them has emailed me a jpg copy of each page of the public edition of the WT.

I was feeling a little ornery, and I replied back. I said wow having a private copy and then a public copy of the WT makes me feel like a secret agent. (lol)

The response I got back was: " I think it's a great idea. that way, for the public they'll get the basics to read, rather than the meat which they won't understand. "

So I am taking suggestions of how I should respond back to this person.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

The meat which they'll not understand? Hell even the witnoids there won't understand it past the regurgitated answers they'll parrot.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Go get one of those big padded envelopes from walmart, barf in it, and mail it off... Nuff said!

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

What you do is when they send you the "meaty" version, write "Where's the beef?" in large letters on the cover and send it back.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

mmmm mystery meat.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

All it means is that the public gets the Showcase edition, or the watered down version that hides important flaws from people. These flaws include the blood issue, custody issues, the damage the cult does to children, and any new issues that they are able to create.

The Kool-Aid edition, on the other hand, now allows them to come up with even worse rules and control ideas without the public being aware. They are attracted by the Showcase Editions, come in, and only once they are past the point of no return, are they hit with the Kool-Aid edition. The public has no idea of what life is like, and so the leaders are free to hit them with just about any rules they feel like.

I guess it wasn't bad enough for them to ban holidays, sequester school children from worldly playmates and class trips, and hound people to waste all their time pioneering. And banning college couldn't wait for the Kool-Aid Puketowers. I wonder what they are going to ban, say, within a year--or 2 years--or 5...

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    The Kool-Aid edition

LMAO!

Will there be penalties for giving the wrong magazines to the wrong type of people?

• Dansk
    Dansk

that way, for the public they'll get the basics to read, rather than the meat which they won't understand.

Is there any blood in the meat?

Yep, devious pretentious hypocrites.

Ian

• TheListener
    TheListener

You could reply this way:

"You're right. Sometimes there are dificult things to understand in the WT. I'm glad, like the Society says, that the Bible is simple and designed for everyone."

Good luck.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

I almost feel sorry for them, 'cause I've been there myself. Had this change come around while I was active, I too would have welcomed it with open arms. I was actually complaining about how we had to give out Watchtowers to people when many of the articles wouldn't make any sense to them.

Perhaps I was a little embarrassed, deep down, about "the meat". 'Cause what exactly is "the meat"? The "meat" starts when the WBTS starts putting in wild assertions and conclusions, and invent new doctrine, and use Bible prophecy to point to themselves in the 20th century etc., while inventing various 'classes' like Jonadab and whatever else there were (I've thankfully forgotten). "The meat" is embarrassing when people on the outside get to read it. And JWs will comfort themselves that it only seems embarrassing because the non-JWs can't understand it, because it's so deep and spiritual. Of course they can understand it, they just don't automatically have to believe it as Truth just because it comes from the WBTS. They can actually criticize it and pick it apart if they want. Another thing is that this inventing of words and classes etc. are cult tools. They invent an internal language that separate 'us' from 'them'. The separate public and 'private' editions is also another cult tool, but obviously those within the cult won't see it, just as I wouldn't have seen it myself as mentioned above. I would never have called the JWs a cult before - I wouldn't six months ago actually. But I can see it more clearly now.

I don't really know how you should reply to your friend though, unless you want to 'out' yourself in the process.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit