Jdub deaths in nazi death camps how many

by buffalosrfree 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie
    As is inevitably the nature of the extensive Nazi persecution, the exact number of all the victims in Germany and Nazi-occupied countries cannot be known. At this point Jehovah's Witnesses have documented in their archives the names of over 12,000 persecuted Witnesses and have found that among the masses of humanity who passed through the gates of Nazi prisons and concentration camps were over 10,000 Jehovah's Witnesses. Of the total number, over 1,400 deaths have been documented, including more than 350 males and females who were executed.

http://www.chgs.umn.edu/museum/responses/steyer/jWitnesses.html

• Rooster
    Rooster

Not enough!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Not enough!

• steve2
    steve2

As an earlier poster stated, JW death stats are not easy to ascertain with any degree of specificity because the label Bible Students was applied to almost any conscientious objectors/pacifists fundamentalist Christians thrown into the camps.

I don't think the Watchtower has deliberately tried to inflate the number of JW deaths because estimates have typically varied quite widely even in non-JW publications since the end of the war.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk
    Not enough!

Rooster.Your a prick.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.."Not Enough!"..No Pity...OUTLAW

• JCanon
    JCanon

Interesting. Per Wikipedia:

The purple triangle was a Nazi concentration camp badge used by the Nazis to identify several un-orthodox religious groups known as "Bibelforscher". [1] Among these were Jehovah's Witnesses, a few members of Witness splinter groups, and members of the Adventist, Baptist, and New Apostolic movements. [2]

JCanon

• Farkel
    Farkel

The Norwegian SuperApostate Norman Hovland did quite a bit of research on that about 8 or 9 years ago. If Kent Steinhaug's site is still up, it might be found there. Randy Watter's site may also have it. I recall the WTS stated originally stated about 15,000, but slowly reduced the numbers over time as research showed them to be wildly inflated. Roughly, the numbers were dropped to 12,000, then 10,000, 8,000, 5000, 2000 whereas other, more objective evidence points to just a few hundred dubs dying in the German prison camps.

I haven't spoken with Kent in a few years, but here is the last e-mail address I have of his: [email protected]

Farkel

• Gopher
    Gopher

Again, I'd tend to believe the historian James Penton on this one. His sources indicate the number was 635. I don't believe the Watchtower's numbers for one second.

Just consider it -- 635 JW deaths versus 6,000,000 Jews. The Jews had a holocaust of epic proportion. The number of JW's in Germany actually grew during WW2. (This is not to minimize the suffering of JW's who believed they were doing right. I'm just saying the number of JW deaths did not amount to a holocaust.)

• monophonic
    monophonic

watch out, the admins on this forum have hit me b/c of using the C-word by deleting my post and saying it was for 'either swearing or hate speech'....yet, the posts of those who are happy that a human died, even if it was a jw, will probably get a pass....so that might not be hate speech.

but its not just the admin's fault, i'm sure it has to do with the rednecks on this board complaining about a c-word.

most of us have been victims of the misinformation of the wtbts in the past and came out of it.....for anyone to wish death on a jw is a complete idiot b/c given time some will find out the truth about what they're a part of and leave...and may look for help here.

there should be no disrespect for those who died in the concentration camps, but there should definitely be disrespect for the wtbts using it as a campaign and for publicity purposes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit