untitled

by faundy 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    This isn't an argument this is INSIDIOUS evangelical bullshitery right here.

I nominate myself for best line of the day!!!!

• skyking
    skyking

Common sense, what the HELL let kill him. At least protest in front of his house.

Common people lets go. I'll bring the rope. Ben Stein you can run but you can't hide.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy
    This isn't an argument this is INSIDIOUS evangelical bullshitery right here.

It seems like we can argue about it...it was posted on a discussion board. For all we know someone may be reading this and considering both sides and what we say gives them something to think about. You've got a lot of information that could help other people find thier way, even if their way ends up being serving Jehovah's Publishing Company.

I agree it became kind of comical when it dove into so and so being murdered, but who is going to point that out?

I'm saying that if we start saying what constitutes an acceptable post, then we run a risk of what we all say being unacceptable. Post the most ridiculous garbage conceivable and someone will analyze it and poke holes in the theory. Also, people will post to back it up, that's the whole point.

If any of us are going to express ourselves, we have to let everyone else express themselves. In this case someone did. And you expressed yourself. And so have I.

In the end...who got hurt? I'd say no one. Maybe I'm wrong.

WLG

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

One more thing! I STRONGLY resent the implication that atheist are the one's causing these problems! The issues with saying "Merry Christmas" and putting up Christmas trees are not being caused in the main by atheist. They are being caused by other THEIST who are saying "my beliefs deserve equal time."

Atheist are an easy target because as I stated before we are lower than dog $hit! But they can't really make an argument that anyone would LISTEN too if they started bashing other theist so these right wingers blame the "evil atheist," Stop blaming the atheist!

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I had a rough night... Somehow I fell asleep with fox news on and just woke up pissed off at right wingers!!! Now I'm itching for a fight..... GRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrr!!!

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle
    I think people who believe in God are sick and tired of getting pushed around, period.

Oh come now. I'm a believer, and I don't even agree with that statement. Like WLG said, if your belief system can't stand up to a healthy debate or even controversy then maybe you need to work a little harder on the rafter in your own eye.

One of the better 'ads' I've seen that showed the frivolity of Christian oppression was a three picture panel. Frame one showed a picture of American indians being slaughtered with the word 'oppressed' underneath. Frame two showed jews being trampled during a pogrom and had the word 'oppressed' underneath. Frame three had a color picture of thousands of Christians in a mega church with their hands in the air. It had the words 'Not oppressed' underneath.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, *summer*:

Thank you for putting this up. The freedom to write and read, as well as to think, is a new-found pleasure for me. I can benefit from reading another person's thoughts and, yet, I may not necessarily agree with all he/she has written. Let's recall the words of Francois-Marie Arouet to M. le Riche, February 6, 1770:

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to
    make it possible for you to continue to write.

Continue to share, *summer*.

CoCo

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

nvrgnbk.....What a great example of how interpolations creep into a text. I thought too when I reached the middle of the essay that the tone, style (notice the punctuation problems in the second half), and viewpoint seemed to change -- it went from a dignified, carefully worded essay to nothing more than a rant (e.g. "trash God", "you reap what you sow", etc.), even forgetting in the end that it was a CBS News commentary aired on television rather than something written as an email (i.e. "when you forward this message", "pass it on", etc.). Interpolations in the text of the Bible can be detected with similar internal evidence, or with external evidence (i.e. textual criticism).

• joelbear69
    joelbear69

its been well documented that nothing bad happened in the United States
    before prayer was taken out of the schools in the early 60s.

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle
    joelbear69: its been well documented that nothing bad happened in the United States
    before prayer was taken out of the schools in the early 60s.

I'm sure you mean, "Nothing bad happened in United States schools prior to prayer being removed."

Maybe, but many, MANY people who had grown up in US schools with prayer firmly in place prior to the 60's committed or contributed to ugly, horrible, atrocious events after leaving those schools. Think Indian massacres, the Civil War, striker break-ups...there is a list to reach the sky.

I'm sorry, but I can't find validity in your argument.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit