Well, now THAT was exciting! :o)

by onacruse 33 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

bikerchic took pics, and she's getting ready to download them.

I'm calling my insurance agent...again.

• Swan
    Swan

Yikes! Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully it didn't wreck your Xmas decorations.

Tammy

• onacruse
    onacruse

hl:

What does pumping mean?

It means when you can see the root system around the tree starting to break loose from the ground: cracks form and the water pumps in and out of the dirt as the tree sways in the wind. And when you can see the trunk of the tree itself moving back and forth...well, that doesn't bode well! LOL

The tree guys came back and looked at it. They said, yeppers, those are gonna come down real soon. So we have three down that they'll clean up, and three up that they'll take down. Just another $2K (not covered by insurance), thank you very much. My oh my!

Tammy:

Hopefully it didn't wreck your Xmas decorations.

Naw...they're on the front side of the house. If the decorations go down, we'll be living in a motel for a long while. LOL

Pics coming soon...bikerchic sorta got exhausted by all this activity.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I imagine that Bikerchic is really stressed by this! I know that I would be! I'm glad that no one was hurt! Was it a gustanado that blew the trees down or a wind shear?

In Kansas, we get stuff like that quite a bit. Still doesn't make it any easier to take!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Aggghhhhh! Yes I've been very stressed over this, seriously I can't stop crying! I honestly think I'm experiencing some sort of PTSD left over from the big earthquake I went through in '92 or was it '93? uggg....that big thud and the ground shaking when the trees went down which woke me from a sound sleep, I still have that butterfly queasy feeling in my stomach!

Add this excitement to my son calling us in a suicide panic this morning and I'm really wasted.......I just really want to go to bed pull the covers over my head and not wake up!

Okay enough about me, I'm sure this will pass.....Craig keeps telling me it will.....

Here are pictures, they aren't very good it was pouring rain and my camera lens has rain drops on it. The truck which was lifted up by the trees root ball. The trees laying on the ground with the satellite dish crumbled up, some pictures of the gate area at the front of the house where Craig thought a big branch had fallen....oh how I wish!

And some Christmas lights for Tammy!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Really freaky pics!

Have a shot of something and go to bed, bikerchic.

Tomorrow will be better.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Yeah freaky alright!

Have a shot of something and go to bed, bikerchic .

I have a better idea how about if someone just shoots me and puts me out of my misery!

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

I am guessing insurance won't cover this, "act of god" and all that. That sucks! I agree with NVR said, have a shot or two of something good and a hot bath, crawl into bed and get some much needed sleep, both of you. ((hugs))

• minimus
    minimus

I don't think the insurance will cover this either or at least not what you might expect.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Actually we happen to have State Farm and they are one of the few insurance companies which does cover down trees one of the good things out of all this, that and our insurance is paid up, yay!

Those trees were so awesome I really loved them I'm going to miss them. Hard to think of how long they've been there it's a shame for their lives to end like this. I will say our garden which you may be able to see the raised garden beds in one of the pics.....with the increased sunshine it should do a lot better this next season. I'm looking forward to that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit