I have a serious and I need your help.....

by Faithful-n-Discreet Wife 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Faithful-n-Discreet Wife
    Faithful-n-Discreet Wife

This time last year I met the man of my dreams...he was incredibly smart and charming...he was in tune with me...he made me feel like I was the best thing that ever happened to him. At first he was a little shy...he didn't think anyone of my caliber would even give him a chance...conveniantly though I had my run of bad guys...and wanted someone different. He was different. He was a devout christian...and i had been yearning for years for some direction. I've never been baptized before but I have been attending a Baptist Church irregularly. Anyway, he told me upfront that he was a Jehovah's Witness and that he was just looking for a friend. So much for that. On our first date we connected so well I did what I never do. Kiss on the first date. But he came in close and i can smell him...i felt his lips on my neck and then it rested on my lips..he whispered...can i kiss you...and I nodded yes...it was the most passionate and the best kiss i ever received...and trust me I have had my fair share. i immediately thought wow...for a JW who never dated before...he was delicious. Well after that night he called to say that he had an awesome time with me and wanted me to visit him for the weekend since he lived in a neighboring town. He wanted to make sure I knew that he wanted to spend time with me but did not want to have sex. I thought...wow, this man is incredible! I actually was turned on by this.

Well, I spent the weekend there and I had a blast. We stayed in and slumbered. We did everything one can imagine except have sex. he was so intimate and attentive. i had never been with a virgin before. i started to get frustrated though...i couldn't figure out why it was okay to do everything else...so i expressed my frustration the last night before i had to leave. He stood by his decision and we both fell asleep disappointed....but at 3 that morning..i felt him hover over me....we finally had done what we were refraining from doing....it was absolutely satisfying! We were so satiated we went again like 10 minutes after. I fell asleep a happy girl. That morning I woke up to an empty bed. he had left a note that he was picking up breakfast...by the time he came back i can tell he had been crying. We ate breakfast...he told me he fell in love with me that weekend...but because of what we did...he had to confess to his elder...there would be a judicial committee forming that afternoon...he was instructed to give me a bible teach book...and then to take me home never to speak to me again. He was reproved.

Well, here I am....in love with this man...and he just ditched me...and what the crap is Reproof? Well our love for eachother was so intense I couldn't be apart from him. With his direction I studied with a sister at a hall nearby. We were secretly dating and soon secretly got married so we could do the deed free of guilt. Less than 6 months after i started studying, i was baptized. Everyone was shocked that i had already been married...it wasn't til after i was baptized that i realized i had been so deceptive...relationships built during this course of study were fading because no one trusted my motives. but i didnt care because i had the man of my dreams and he was only a baptism away...and i got there.

we moved in and i was the best JW wife he could ever imagine. i signed up for the school i was pioneering...that is until i started learning more and more about what i had dedicated my life to...my life with him now meant a life without "worldly friends and family"....my doubts and questions were only received with disappointment...i was an idiot if i didnt trust in Jehovah's organization....i was stupid if i didnt do as they say....my doubts would just go away....so naturally..neither did his verbal abuse....pretty soon he and his whole family treated me like i was worthless...because i couldn't appreciate what they appreciated all their lives. i was serving Jehovah only as a means to make my husband happy. the emotional, verbal abuse and sometimes physical abuse was unbearable...especially when i complained about it to his family...they only told me it was my fault i provoked him...i couldn't go to my family because i had already written them all off per my husbands request. we met with the elders for help but they can only say i needed to respect and be submissive to him and he needed to love and respect me...the only thing we had going well was our sex life....despite his ongoing nagging and confrontations we were still able to make love like 6 times a day! we communicated well this way and no other way

the last time he demeaned and belittled me...i packed my stuff and left...out of the state....we are separated now....he has no idea where i am...he can only call me via cell phone...its been 3 months now and i'm dying to come home....i miss him...but i know he hasn't changed...i'm scared to tell him i've been going to a church...and that i'm on this site...and that i've read Awakening and Crisis of Conscience....is it delusional of me to think that i can go home and live a good life serving God my way...? Should i fade? get disfellowshipped? disassociate first? or do i just not go home at all...and cut my losses?.....i love him so much though....i just know he loves the organization more than he loves me. Please help.

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

The religious difficulties aside, why would you want to go back to an abusive man?

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

That's heart breaking.

I am in no way fit to give relationship advice, so don't hold me to it. But when a man loves an organisation more than he loves you - that's not good. But I will tell you this - this is your life, in the end it's your decisions that matter. You cannot control other's and their behaviours, but you can speak out for what you believe in.

Make sure you have no regrets about your own (in-)actions.

• mouthy
    mouthy

MY advice? Get a divorce!!! That love based on sex is not the kind GOOD loving relations ships make
    You are free to do what you want but in MY opinion your in for a harsh ride if you return..
    In the support group I chaired many of the "brothers".said they too wanted sex so badly Knew they couldnt get it from a "sister" so went into the world ..The worldy girls gave it freely... But then the Brothers? conscience got to them & they HAD to marry the giver...They are all divorced now & free from rules & musts.BY MEN in Brooklyn some have come to love God some still feel guilty... my 2 cnts .

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Welcome. I don't know you, but I do know you deserve better than that. Everyone deserves better. If you have the chance to get away from him and the Witnesses, take it. Don't disassociate yourself or contact the Witnesses where you are. As far as religion is concerned just go about your business. Just know that the Winesses will defend him, and you are probably already in trouble for even leaving.

Hopefully no kids are involved. Divorce and move on. I love Crown Royal, dearly, but doc says it's bad for my weight. No more Crown.

momz

• Gringa
    Gringa

Exactly, why would you want to be with an abuser? You actually think if he left the Witnesses his abuse would stop? No, he would forever blame you -

My father did the same as you did - became a JW to marry my mom. They bore 5 children and it was hell on all of us until he packed his bag one day and walked out on all of us, for his own sanity, I am sure.

If you think that sex is what makes a relationship, you are in for a rude awakening. I don't want to make your grief any worse, I truly don't. I am so very sorry for you, but you must face the "truth" and that truth you already know. He loves Jehovah more that you and you need to fade away, file for divorce and find someone who can love you. You deserve it.

• BIG D
    BIG D

wow, as an ex witless, i have been on both sides of this issue, counselor and ex witless now.

He is abusive, and regardless of his religion, actually its worse if hes a jw, i can tell you that to him you probably now repersent a lie or sin in his life that he has to live with, secret dins and the like.

That is the way of the wtbs mentallity, and the relationship is based on sex, something very many of witlesses do!!!!

He struggles with his crazy guilt riddled conscience, trying to be the perfect witness, and nobody can do that, so he acts out his frustration on the closest person around,YOU!!!!!!!!

That and he is a spinless jerk, that abuses the only person who is loving and devoted to him, YOU!!!

I have seen it a hundred times, while i served, you need to dump him and get a real relationship, one who treats you like you deserve!

sorry , big hugs from, big d

• BIG D
    BIG D

FAITHFUL..........

IF I CAN HELP YOU PLEASE PM ME,

BIG D

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester
    The religious difficulties aside, why would you want to go back to an abusive man?

Because she loves him, or is lonely. I hope you can get some help through a domestic violence shelter and use their counseling services. Please look for this in your local community. They can help you find a better alternative than returning to an abuser who is into a religious cult. Without getting help for yourself and outside support, the chances of having a healthy relationship with this person are near nil. Good luck.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Its sounds like this jw did everything he was supposed to do and NOT do. He spent an unchaperoned weekend with you. Tempted day and night, a BIG no.no. Finally took the big dip and emediatley , like Adam, knew he had sinned against his god. Hey! It's the same old story, you got sucked in, baptized, tms, pioneer, yada, yada, yada. And now, HE"S the one that should have to worry!!! Not you! HE abused you and as usual it's the good ole boy syndrome at work. Cast YOU out! You strayed from the flock, you weren't a nice little submissive SLAVE! Give me a break! You won't be DF, you don't have to DA, just faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaade away dear girl and don't make the mistake of communicating with him EVER again, except in divorce court. MORE POWER TO YOU!!!!! Belive me, I have seen this before in my life as a former JW!!! DON'T GO BACK!!!!!!!!! NEVER !!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit