Anyone feel lonely at holidays?

by Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

Talking on these types of forums is helpful as well. Many are experiencing the same emotions as u. We are a powerful support group for each other!!

• mouthy
    mouthy

O,K you asked I am going to tell the truth.
    Yes! I spend it alone. Have done for years.... My daughter Sue invites me there but , I get lonlier
    thinking of all those that have died, Mell, Alan. Faith. & ALL those I loved in the WT.. Some of them I am responsable for making JW's
    Sue & all her kids & grand-kids are out.of bondage .. THANK GOD!!! & they REALLY enjoy the time Christmas Trees, gifts, games, ( I spent one many years ago with them)I do put gifts under their tree
    But I feel a real hypocrite sitting there KNOWING - my hubby, son,& many many others were and are not allowed to enjoy..Because of my demanding ways
    I guess I know I am forgiven -wish I could foreget.... But thank God some of you can enjoy it & were able to escape the "wolf" before you were too old
    Cant volounteer at soup kitchens etc: to wobbly on the feet .Those talks I listened to for SO many years "How comly are the feet of those who spread the GOOD NEWS" I would like to stick my toe up all these brothers butts so they could FEEL the comely touch

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Mouthy, I'd invite you if you would be able to cross the great ocean dividing us

Christmas is fun for me. I usually have two or three dinner party's and I enjoy them hugely - even tho I am SINGLE.

New-years eve is a rotten one tho ! But this year will be fun, my single friend and I will be miserable with lots of champagne together and making delicious finger-food so we can get fat and ugly

• is there help out there
    is there help out there

They say that the holidays, meaning xmas and new years are a depressing time for some people. They also say your life is what you make it. JW are a bunch of depressed people and it must be a real dark depression for them. I read where a young girl left the borg becouse she did not think it was right to knock on door xmas day and tell people they were evil becaue they celerbreated the pagan rigutal of xmas. I gess just because they are not happy that they have to go out and try to make every non JW miserable.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

I have to admit, I am feeling it a bit this year. I am never really "alone", I have my friends, my kids and I love Xmas and seeing their little faces. But being single for my third Xmas in a row, I'd be lying if I said, it didn't make me a wee bit lonely and wishing I had someone special to cuddle with after the kids have gone to bed on Xmas eve. But I've already planned to go out for New Years with friends and drink and laugh, all of us single and we are going to have a blast. But I also look at this way, I could have someone I wish wasn't around during Xmas. It's all in how you look at it, lol.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I just wish my mom could see my kids so happy, not just during the holidays. And I really miss my dad, but I think he would have given me worse hell than Mom is.

I am happy I have my kids and hubby and we are finally united. I send a big hug and love to everyone lonely.

Peace and love to all.

momz

• Numinous
    Numinous

I try to not think of what I don't have and be grateful. Get out some wine, scented candles, turn the heat up, get some christmas music on, go out for a walk...nice to do it with someone, but there is a feeling in the air that is special, especially on Christmas Eve, that some people miss with all the activity.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

Always. Last year I thought of seeking out the Druids since my bd is on that night but I figured they'd be worse freaks than you know what.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

yup...

pretty lonely all the time but much worse at 'holidays' cos i'm not at college then.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Thanks for all your great replies. I like Numinous' comment about getting out for a walk and getting a wiff of Christmas air that others probably miss with much activity going on.

I got to reading you all and thinking that what I think I maybe miss is childhood xmases with lots of business and people, even when I was a Hoho I used to long for a big family Christmas, I thought I was retarded--pioneering and longing for family all around the table for the HOlidays!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit