Have You Ever Rejected Being Appointed an Elder/MS Before the Announcement?

by GermanXJW 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

They never asked me either. So weird. I'm smart, caring, loved Jah ....

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde
    A CO said if you do not want to become an Elder you cannot be a MS either

When the elder arrangement first started, Clyde was one of the first that brought into the meeting. After the second meeting, he came home and told me it the whole thing was ridiculous. They weren't using the scriptures--just their own personal opinions on who qualified.

They did offer him the position of MS, however, and he accepted. About ten years later he was removed because his hours were too low.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

In one congregation the Secretary told me that if you really want to help the brothers and sisters you should not be an Elder. BTW, I was never asked and stayed the MS that I was until I resigned. I moved several times and was reappointed a MS each time.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

At the time I was glad that I was'nt a man and thus "never asked for"

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I accepted right away and climbed that ladder a bit fast. I was reappointed elder
    twice because of moving to new locations. I almost didn't accept the last time, but
    being an elder in that last congregation really helped me out the door faster.

In one cong., we had an MS who refused eldership twice. We skipped one C.O.
    visit even bothering to recommend him, then pressured him to accept it the next time.
    He served as an elder until he moved out of state. He never accepted any appointments
    (even MS) after that. He was much happier without the "title."

• blondie
    blondie

Hi Country Woman and Vivamus' mom. Great to see you here again.

Love, Blondie

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Yes, really good to see some of the good ol' folks around. Tot ziens.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Yes, really good to see some of the good ol' folks around. Tot ziens.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

i was asked........... is there anything that is preventing you from being an elder? my reply............ said i was still a bit young for the job ...... so they wanted to start me giving public talks locally and try to get me to agree to the position later............ they appointed a friend of mine who was a year older than me or so.

so basicly it was there if i wanted it............ i even belived it was the "truth" at the time and knew better than to take it.

• 5go
    5go

Yep! I was n't ready I wondered why god allowed with my past. It helped me leave mind wise at least

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit